Inventory Cost Accountant
Company: General Atomics and Affiliated Companies
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Job ID#: 26923BRCompany: General Atomics Aeronautical SystemsTitle:
Inventory Cost AccountantJob Category: Finance/AccountingCity: San
DiegoState: CaliforniaTravel Percentage Required: 0% - 25%Clearance
Required?: NoJob Summary:General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc.
(GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in
proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical
reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution
surveillance systems.We recognize and appreciate the value and
contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and
experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.We have
an exciting opportunity for an entry-level Inventory Cost
Accountant to work within our Costing and Inventory Control team
located in In Poway, Ca.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contributes to and ensures the accuracy of accounting data,
transactions, and reports.
- Completes necessary account reconciliations and adjusts
accounting entries in a timely manner.
- Maintains and monitors appropriate accounting master file
ensuring acceptable accounting principles and procedures.
- Prepares income and balance sheet statements, profit and loss
statements, consolidated statements, and other accounting
statements and reports.
- May design, modify, install, and/or maintain general accounting
systems to provide records of assets, liabilities, and financial
- May implement and communicate accounting policies and
- Assist in performing and monitoring inventory control
activities including company business practices pertaining to cycle
counts, scrap, work order variances, etc. for compliance to
regulations and/or procedures, process miscellaneous material
transactions and cost adjustments.
- Monitor and analyze inventory transfers, assist in performing
various cost of goods sold and inventory analysis, assist with the
reconciliation of inventory reports to the general ledger
- Serve as liaison between manufacturing, accounting, program
finance, and pricing departments, assist in determining material
losses and excess/obsolete inventory, monitor and ensure accuracy
of cost charging/allocations.
- Performs other duties as assigned or
required.Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time SalaryJob Qualifications:
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in accounting or related
professional degree. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu
- Ability to learn and apply basic accounting concepts, to follow
company policies and procedures, and to apply appropriate tools of
the accounting profession to accurately complete standard
- Ability to use established formats to produce accurate,
appropriate accounting documentation.
- May be required to present accounting data.
- Must have demonstrated computer literacy with knowledge of
computer accounting software and applications.
- Must have good interpersonal skills including ability to
communicate clearly with other professionals.US Citizenship
Required?: YesExperience Level: Entry-Level (0-2 years)General
Atomics and affiliated companies is committed to hiring and
retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all
qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic
information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other
basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Keywords: General Atomics and Affiliated Companies, San Diego , Inventory Cost Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!