Company: HM Electronics
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Internal Req ID
We are currently recruiting a Commodity Manager experienced in
purchasing electronic components such as IC's, passives, memory,
protection devices, power devices, crystals/oscillators, printed
wiring boards, and displays.
As the Commodity Manager, you will develop and maintain key
supplier relationships with manufacturers and distributors. Your
connections with senior management and decision makers will be
critical in the collaboration between Engineering, Quality,
Manufacturing, and our electronics supply chain.
HM Electronics, Inc. (HME) is a privately held company and trusted
global provider of real-time communications solutions. We innovate
market-proven technologies and make them better. With your
procurement expertise, HME will be even better positioned to supply
both new and sustaining products in the marketplace.
Come write the next chapter of the HME story.
What you will do in this position:
- Coordinate supply chain management, strategically sourcing
electronic components and printed wiring boards
- Analyze market and delivery conditions to determine present and
future material availability and that technology is of highest
quality at lowest total cost
- Partner with engineering, quality control, and buyers to
identify new sources of supply and selection for new and developing
- Create a direct pipeline with manufactures and distributors and
monitor for potential issues
- Utilize LEAN material flow initiatives and optimizing supply
- Write quarterly business reviews for manufacturers and
distributors within the Supplier Management Program
- Produce and maintain an Approved Supplier List
What experience is essential to this position:
- Supplier and commodity management in electronic devices and
electronics manufacturing environment
- Proven success sourcing electronic components such as IC's,
passives, memory, protection devices, power devices,
crystals/oscillators, printed wiring boards, and displays (LCD,
What is required for this position:
- 6+ years' experience in the procurement of electronics
- Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of Excel
- BA/BS (college graduate) - Preferred
- Some travel (approximately 10%)
What you can expect from HME:
- Opportunity to learn and grow
- Creative freedom to try new strategies
- Work in high-visibility position with company leadership
- New facility with on-site workout room, game room, roof-top
lounge and more
- A benefits package that includes tuition reimbursement, 3 weeks
paid vacation in the first year, paid holidays, medical, dental,
and vision coverage, life insurance and 401K contributions
HME is a committed to building an environment where highly
talented, challenge-hungry people thrive. We promise, you will
learn and grow, and you will see how your contributions matter to
our products, our customers, and our employees.
The physical demands and work environment described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to use hands to handle or manipulate objects. The employee
is regularly required to talk or hear, stand, walk, sit, work with
computer and office equipment, machinery, or electrical tools, and
reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to
climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and regularly
lift and move up to 25 pounds.
Position requires frequent contact outside the department or
company and the noise level in the work environment is usually
quiet to moderate with occasional loud noise. The employee
occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, works in high,
precarious places, is exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles,
toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, and is
regularly at risk of electric shock.
Five companies. One family name. The HME family of companies is the
leading provider of clear, reliable communication solutions for a
variety of niche markets; from world-famous restaurant chains to
major television networks and global live events to military,
aerospace, and government applications - HME products are preferred
in 100+ countries.
Keywords: HM Electronics, San Diego , Commodity Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Carlsbad, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!