Company: General Atomics and Affiliated Companies
Location: San Diego
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Job ID#: 28325BRCompany: General Atomics Aeronautical
SystemsTitle: Contract/Revenue AccountantJob Category:
Finance/AccountingCity: San DiegoState: CaliforniaTravel Percentage
Required: 0% - 25%Clearance Required?: NoJob Summary:General
Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of
General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely
piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as
advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.We recognize and
appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals
to apply.We have an exciting opportunity for a Contract/Revenue
Accountant to work out of our newly formed Contract Accounting
Department located in Sabre Springs, CA. This position, under close
supervision with detailed instruction is primarily responsible for
accounting for contracts with customers, including proper
recognition of revenue, contract cost and assets and liabilities
arising from the contract.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that periodic revenues and contract assets and/or
liabilities are recognized in compliance with US GAAP and
applicable company policies.
- Perform research and prepare technical accounting memos as
needed, especially for unique and complex contracts.
- Prepare journal entries and maintain and reconcile ledger
accounts in accordance with company policies and generally accepted
- Regularly documents and updates contract accounting conclusions
(eg: ASC 606) due to award or modification for assigned contracts
via memo or checklist.
- Ensure proper contract set-up and maintenance of projects in
SAP relating to performance. obligations, revenue recognition
method, transaction price determination/allocations, and EACs.
- Perform unbilled account receivable reconciliation &
- Follow standard practices and procedures in analyzing
situations or data for which answers can be readily obtained.
- Perform P&L Flux analysis for assigned contracts, and
provide explanations to management and FP&A.
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data
requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Provide guidance to FP&A on contract accounting
expectations to ensure alignment with forecast/plan.
- Contribute to analyses and recommendations of needed process
and system improvements to accommodate the requirements of revenue
- Work within multiple teams and various business functions
across the Company.
- Support compliance with external audits.
- Contributes to and ensures the accuracy of accounting data,
transactions, and reports.
- Completes necessary account reconciliations and adjusts
accounting entries in a timely manner.
- Participate in special projects as assigned or required.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of all information.
- Perform other duties as assigned or
required.Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time SalaryJob Qualifications:
- Typically requires a bachelors or masters degree in accounting
or a related discipline and three or more years of progressive
experience in accounting with a bachelors degree, or at least one
year of experience with a masters degree. May substitute equivalent
experience in lieu of education.
- Must have demonstrated ability to apply concepts and principles
of accounting to develop solutions to a variety or problems along
with computer literacy and knowledge of operations and applications
pertinent to the field.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and communication abilities
that enable effective interface with staff members in developing
accounting documentation and in making presentations.
- Willing to work outside of normal hours and extended hours to
meet deadlines as needed.
- Prior experience with ASC 606, 840 and/or 842 is desired.
- Ability to use established formats to produce accurate,
appropriate accounting documentation.
- May be required to present accounting data.
- Must have demonstrated computer literacy with knowledge of
computer accounting software and applications.US Citizenship
Required?: YesExperience Level: Mid-Level (3-7 years)General
Atomics and affiliated companies is committed to hiring and
retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all
qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic
information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other
basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Keywords: General Atomics and Affiliated Companies, San Diego , Contract/Revenue Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!