Financial Analyst II
Company: Guild Mortgage Company
Location: San Diego
Posted on: April 10, 2021
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page: Guild Mortgage
Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage
banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our
goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers,
utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of
professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
Position Summary The Financial Analyst II plays an important role
in the organization by performing a variety of professional
activities related to the organization's Finance operations. The
role is responsible for business reporting and analysis that helps
the management team make appropriate financial business decisions.
- Create and maintain various financial models and templates
utilizing large data sets, ensuring quality, accuracy and focused
- Validate accuracy of financial reports and provide ad hoc
analysis surrounding all aspects of branch and corporate
- Work cross-functionally, with all levels of internal management
and staff, in order to continuously improve reporting
- Effectively communicate information to management by assembling
and summarizing data, preparing reports, making presentations of
findings, analyses, and recommendations.
- Provide timely, accurate and insightful reporting on monthly
and quarterly results; prepare, review, and distribute reporting
for sales and corporate management.
- Manage branch pro-forma statement creation and analysis.
- Use knowledge to educate sales team on processes and
- Compile ad hoc financial reports and analyses for
- Use technology to gather necessary financial data and create
seamless financial reporting SQL Database, Microsoft Access,
Tableau or Power BI.
- Create and maintain financial dashboards and reporting
- Use expertise to answer questions from less experienced
- Work to increase productivity by identifying inefficiencies and
providing recommendations for system and process improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics,
or related field, along with two or more years' experience in
financial analysis related role(s) is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Accounting and Finance principles.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with large
sets of data.
- Preferred knowledge of financial reporting and data
visualization tools such as SQL Database, Microsoft Access, Tableau
and/or Power BI.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- Ability to adapt to a growing and dynamic environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, listening and
- Effective time management skills including the ability to
prioritize and multi-task.
- Experience understanding, interpreting, and consolidating
financial statement for multiple business units.
- Ability to work independently with the self-motivation to
- Ability to manage communication with multiple
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to research issues and identify solutions to complex
problems. Supervision --- Travel 0%
--- General to intermittent supervision of work, depending on
--- Moderate independent judgment and discretion used in
--- Uses sound judgment in executing core responsibilities
Requirements Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; mobility in an
office setting. Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard
and mouse. Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and
associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal
conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive,
distinguish and interpret information received visually and through
audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed
on a screen, as well as print and other media. Guild offers a
pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent
benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match.
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Guild Mortgage Company, San Diego , Financial Analyst II, Accounting, Auditing , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!