Program Financial Analyst/Scheduler
Company: TrellisWare Technologies, Inc
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 22, 2021
TrellisWare launched in 2000 with an innovative culture striving
to push technological boundaries in the area of wireless
communications. We are now a worldwide leader in highly advanced
algorithms, waveforms, and communications systems that range from
small form factor radio products to fully integrated solutions. At
TrellisWare, we connect passion with purpose and together we make
an impact- on our careers, our company, and the world. And you can
too. If you love to innovate and collaborate amid chaos and change,
you belong at TrellisWare. Where the opportunity to serve is not a
challenge but a gift. Where you're never going alone. Because
there's too much at stake to go solo. Our Program Management Team
is seeking a Program Financial Analyst/ Scheduler . You would be
responsible for the financial support and oversight of several
projects ranging from $50k to $80M in size. Key responsibilities
include supporting the Program Management Office (PMO) staff in
financial reporting, monitoring and control, audits, procurements,
program financial management tools and systems administration,
resource utilization planning, material audits, revenue planning,
annual budgeting, and assisting with program close-out related
activities. Enhancing cohesiveness and maintaining team morale is a
responsibility of all our team members, as is the ambition for
self-improvement and talent development. Through this dedication to
unity and professional advancement, each team member is directly
impacting the successful outcome of TrellisWare's deliverables and
setting the tone for our core values of delivering excellence,
pushing boundaries, and empowering people. The essential duties and
- Act as the Systems Administrator for MS Project Online.
- Utilize Financial Tools for Reporting and Analysis, i.e., pull
data from TrellisWare's financial system (CyberQuery), reconcile
financial reporting with Program Managers (PM), Accounting and
Finance, conduct internal audits ensuring sound financial reporting
- Manage accrual process by coordinating inputs from PMO,
ensuring traceability with procurements team (open purchase orders)
and consistency with Finance and Accounting records.
- Manage purchase orders and material procurements by inputting
material needs and requisitions into procurement system.
- Maintain engineering staffing and resource utilization by
consolidating inputs from PMs, conduct staffing meetings, work with
team leads and department heads to address over/under utilization
of staffing resources.
- Maintain contract deliverables database and ensure all parties
are aware of upcoming deliverables.
- Monitor and audit program estimate at completion
- Support PMO team with facilitating custom financial reports,
assisting with procurement process, managing accruals process,
raising resource contention issues, and assisting with data
preparation for presenting financial data.
- Develops relationships with team members built on trust and
respect. Education and work experience requirements are:
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or economics preferred.
Associates degree with related work experience acceptable.
- Minimum five years' experience working in a financial
- Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, VLOOKUP, etc.
coupled with a strong ability for chartsmanship (creating graphs,
pie charts, tables) is required.
- Working knowledge of MS Project is required with a strong
aptitude for resource loading an integrated master schedule with
dependencies, a solid understanding of fixed work, fixed units etc.
and ability to navigate through MS Project is required.
- Working knowledge of MS Power Point is required.
- An understanding of rate structures is desired.
- Strong financial acumen and experience with government/DOD
programs and contracting is required. To be considered for this
position, you would need to meet, at a minimum, the knowledge,
skills, and abilities listed here:
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization, as
well as a dynamic group environment with rapidly changing
requirements and limited direct support.
- Ability to aid in preparation of presentations and
documentation to support management of individual program execution
status and risks on a regular basis as well as opportunities for
- Ability to aid in establishing program tripwires and metrics to
support the PMO in managing programs within cost constraints.
- Ability to appropriately handle proprietary and sensitive
- Demonstrate high level of common sense to know the most
efficient methods to deliver, be proactive, and is task oriented
and results driven.
- Demonstrate initiative and interact with a variety of
engineering, finance, accounting, procurement, business
development, legal, contracts and product support teams.
- Demonstrate strong documentation skills and proficient with MS
Office applications, including MS Excel (required), MS Project
- Must be flexible in schedule to accommodate tight
- Strong collaborative drive and interpersonal skills.
- Strong initiative, proactive work ethic and prioritization
- Trustable judgement and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Effective execution and decision making.
- Champion of change and promotes innovation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. The physical
demands described here represent those that must be met in order to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with
- Able to frequently sit, stand, walk, use hands to fingers,
handle or feel, reach within hands and arm's length, stoop, kneel,
and crouch, talk and hear.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time;
frequently required to use office equipment such as PC, printer,
- Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently
lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move
up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus. Additional requirements
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance is strongly
preferred. Note: Many of TrellisWare's positions require a security
clearance or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may
only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who
accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to
government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility
requirements for access to classified information. Disclaimer - The
above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so
classified. Nothing in the job description restricts the company's
right to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at
any time for any reason. *TrellisWare Technologies, Inc. is an
EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.* Apply Now with our quick 3 minute
Application! * Fields Are Required What is your full name? First
Name How can we contact you? Email Phone Number Number Type What is
your preferred method of communication?
Keywords: TrellisWare Technologies, Inc, San Diego , Program Financial Analyst/Scheduler, Accounting, Auditing , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!