Manager, Corporate Compliance
Company: ICW Group Insurance Companies
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Excellent opportunity to join our growing Legal team and manage
ICW Group's corporate compliance program. The Manager of Corporate
Compliance is responsible for developing and implementing ICW
Group's Compliance program and helping to implement processes,
procedures, and other controls to comply with state and federal
laws applicable to ICW Group, a multi-line and multi-geographic
property and casualty insurance carrier. This role exists to
oversee the continuous improvement of the compliance program to
ensure future opportunity and sustainable growth. ESSENTIAL DUTIES
AND RESPONSIBILITIES Develops and implements ICW Group's compliance
- Performs risks assessments to identify compliance risks and
completes periodic compliance risk assessment reports. Communicates
requirements to impacted business areas and facilitates
- Builds outs corporate compliance structure within three lines
of defense operating model.
- Designs compliance policies and procedures and establishes
strong compliance culture across the organization.
- Advances the Company's Code of Conduct, and third-party due
- Collaborates with company professionals from multiple
departments including Procurement, Human Resources, and key
stakeholders to verify compliance requirements are being
- Develops training programs throughout the organization on
compliance related risks and control processes.
- Continuously evaluates both business and compliance processes
and procedures to drive effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Partners with IT professionals and other departments to
implement compliance-related systems and processes. Serves as legal
compliance subject matter expert on compliance related matters to
ensure activities are conducted effectively and efficiently.
- Researches legal requirements related to ICW Group
- Determines the impact of legal changes, implements processes to
communicate changes across the organization, and institutes
procedures to comply with the legal changes.
- Maintains a strong presence in ICW Group to provide guidance,
information and assistance on compliance related issues.
- Understands all business group operations and activities to
ensure adequate compliance as business needs evolve.
- Develops processes and procedures related to data privacy and
cyber security and communicates across the organization.
- Conducts investigations of high-priority allegations of ethics
violations, fraud, or other noncompliance at the business units, in
coordination with internal audit, human resources, and outside
counsel, as needed.
- Oversees any corrective action plans related to adverse
findings. Works with affected areas to ensure findings are
addressed and within stated timelines.
- Monitors the investigation process surrounding the ethics
hotline and reported allegations of fraud.
- Provides reports to Board of Directors, Audit/ERM Committee,
General Counsel, and senior management as needed. Develops and
leads a team of compliance specialists.--
- Provides daily direction to the Compliance team. Communicates
Mission, Values, and other organization operating principles to
- Establishes and maintains the overall work cadence and, in
partnership with department leadership, ensures performance and
outcomes strive for excellence in delivery and customer experience.
Ensures that the entire team is engaged and that leadership
practices encourage development, recognition, and retention.
- Establishes and adheres to hiring criteria, on-boarding, and
training requirements for incoming staff.
- Oversees the performance management and development process for
the team and performs performance management duties, development
planning and coaching for direct reports.--
- Acts as a resource for team members to answer questions and
solve complex problems.
- Manages budget, technology and other resources, workload, and
customer requests for Department services. Ensures adherence to all
Company policies and procedures and Compliance
- Ensures data quality, adherence to IT security guidelines,
profitability and other risk-related metrics for self and members
of the team. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES-- Directly supervises
employees within the Corporate Compliance team and carries out
supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies
and applicable laws. These responsibilities include interviewing,
hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing
work; conducting performance and salary reviews; rewarding and
disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
problems; coaching, mentoring, and developing team members to
further their skills and knowledge; creating and monitoring
development plans; setting performance expectations/goals;
forecasting staffing needs and planning for peak times and
absences; enforcing department policies and procedures. EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university required
with a major or emphasis in Business Administration, Management,
Finance, or related field.--
- Law degree preferred.--
- Minimum 5 years of related experience and/or training in
corporate compliance required.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience preferred.--
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS--
- Compliance related certification preferred, such as Certified
Fraud Examiner (CFE), or Certified Compliance and Ethics
- Experience working with a national property and casualty
insurance company preferred. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS Ability to lead a
team and/or project. Deep compliance experience, knowledge of
managing a compliance unit, and experience overseeing compliance
risk assessment and implementing controls. Knowledge of the roles
and importance of each of the three lines of defense, and awareness
of regulatory/legislative developments and industry trends as a
means to proactively identify regulatory risk. Solid project
management experience, preferred. Ability to quickly understand and
apply policies and procedures. Ability to research and interpret
regulations and laws and disseminate information. Ability to design
processes and evaluate the effectiveness of controls. Ability to
analyze financial and other data relevant to allegations of
misconduct, including fraud. Ability to multitask, organize, and
prioritize work to meet deadlines. Excellent oral communication and
interpersonal skills; Ability to professionally communicate with
all levels of management. Self-starter: Ability to work with
limited supervision. Intermediate to advanced level in Word, Excel,
and PowerPoint. Ability to handle confidential and/or sensitive
information in a professional manner.--
Keywords: ICW Group Insurance Companies, San Diego , Manager, Corporate Compliance, Accounting, Auditing , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!