Director, Finance - Molecular Biology
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving
science, with annual revenue exceeding $35 billion. Our Mission is
to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and
safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences
research, solving sophisticated analytical challenges, improving
patient diagnostics and therapies or growing efficiency in their
laboratories, we are here to support them. Our distributed team of
more than 90,000 colleagues delivers an outstanding combination of
innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical
services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo
Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific,
Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit
.How you will make an impact?The Finance Director will lead the
global finance team within the Molecular Biology business unit, and
will provide financial and business support for the Molecular
Biology BU within the Biosciences Division. This role will partner
with the BU VP/GM and functional business leaders to develop and
implement strategies to drive growth, profitability and improve
quality and service levels for our customers.Responsibilities:
- Support the Vice President & General Manager and leadership
team to set and deliver the business plan and meet key operating &
- Strategic thought partner to the business with a focus on
driving growth and value creation
- Lead the core operating mechanisms, including the Annual
Operating Plan process, Quarterly & Monthly Business Reviews and
forecasts in collaboration with the leadership team, functional
teams, and finance managers.
- Ensure businesses meet the monthly corporate reporting calendar
and align with local accounting standards and US GAAP.
- Partner with colleagues within the BU and division to drive
both functional and business operational improvements and
- Provide performance reporting tools and metrics plus analyses
and recommendations to optimize business results.
- Prepare and present analysis and authorization for significant
- Partner with commercial colleagues to develop and model large
customer deals. Drive and ensure contract compliance.
- Develop analytical models and tools to drive growth initiatives
and improve business decisions.
- Lead and mentor the local finance teams and operating partners
to develop enhanced skills and intuition for business.
- Identify financial and business risks and develop mitigation
- Set example for continuous operational improvement and drive
efficiency across the business and functions.
- Maintain strong internal controls to safeguard company
- Candidate will demonstrate expertise in the following areas:
financial reporting, internal control, financial planning and
analysis, financial modeling, project management, and technical
accounting knowledge, within a P&L accountable business.
- The ideal candidate will exhibit leadership, initiative and
adopt the Thermo Fisher Scientific 4i values of Integrity,
Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement.
- Strong business and industry knowledge with a history of
business partnering as well as the ability to develop and implement
robust financial processes to drive effective decisions.
- The ability to identify and foster efficiency improvements and
create an atmosphere of continuous improvement through PPI (Lean
- Consistent track record to recruit, develop, and lead
professional teams and provide constructive feedback through
performance and development processes.
- Shown history of leading cross functional / country teams and
building organizational relationships with customers, peers and
operating partners across functions & geographies.
- Excellent skills with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint are
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, Finance, Economics, Business
or other relevant analytical background
- CPA, Chartered Accountant, MBA or equivalent is a plus
- 12+ years of dynamic meaningful work experience within a global
- 7+ years of management experienceThermo Fisher Scientific is an
EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or
any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, San Diego , Director, Finance - Molecular Biology, Accounting, Auditing , Carlsbad, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!