Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Introduction to the jobTo develop a world class Financial
Service function within the Global Enabling Services group
supported by highly automated accounting and close processes,
covering the end-to-end accounting cycle. As a Senior Accountant,
you will be part of the US General Accounting team within the US
Financial Service function, and will assist in managing the general
accounting and period-end close procedures for all US entities.Role
- Support the general accountingprocesses for US entities in
accordance to GAAP.
- Ensure month-end closeprocedures are completed within timeframe
set by corporate office inNetherlands.
- Manage and assist with theglobal lease accounting process in
accordance with ASU 842.
- Manage the backend treasuryfunction for US entities. Support
the cash receipt and payment processesfor US entities and work with
international colleagues on intercompany andfunding flows.
- Support international assigneeand travel accounting
- Support the execution of SOXcontrols and provide expertise to
overall internal control framework.
- Analyze and explain monthlygeneral ledger fluctuations and
- Maintain balance sheetreconciliations. Analyze general ledger
accounts and processes with anend-to-end view.
- Prepare and post journalentries with appropriate backups, in
accordance to company policies.
- Research, analyze, andeffectively communicate accounting issues
and escalate appropriatelyacross and international
- Drive process improvements andassist US Chief Accounting
Officer (CAO) / US General Accounting Managerwith special projects
- Comply and assist with internaland external audits by providing
appropriate documentation andinformation, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.Education and experience
- Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance and a minimum 3-6 years
of relevant experience.
- Experience in public accounting and/or large multi-national
- Experience with SAP preferred.SkillsWorking at the cutting edge
of tech, you'll always have new challenges and new problems to
solve - and working together is the only way to do that. You won't
work in a silo. Instead, you'll be part of a creative, dynamic work
environment where you'll collaborate with supportive colleagues.
There is always space for creative and unique points of view.
You'll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle
tasks and solve problems.To thrive in this job, you'll need the
- Understanding of GAAP standards.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments
with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and carry critical tasks and improvements
- Ability to evaluate and streamline process improvements.
- Work in a team environment and demonstrate ability to
collaborate cross functionally.
- Communicate professionally with colleagues around the US as
well as internationally
- Propensity to be a self-starter and results driven.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Excel.Diversity & InclusionASML is an Equal
Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a
diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to
recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran
status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We
recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the
success of our company.Other information
- This position is located on-site in either Chandler, AZ or San
Diego, CA.It requires onsite presence to attend in-person
work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure
teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees
working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a
week).EOE AA M/F/Veteran/DisabilityNeed to know more about applying
for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
Keywords: ASML, San Diego , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!