Senior Project Manager
Company: Henkels & McCoy
Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Henkels & McCoy, Inc., a MasTec company, is a full-service
engineering and construction company providing utility
infrastructure solutions to its government and commercial
customers. Henkels & McCoy, Inc. (H&M) service offerings
include Consulting & Planning, Engineering & Design, Construction
Management, EPC/Design Build, Program Management, and extensive
Field Construction Services. H&M is utility construction firm
providing critical infrastructure for the Power, Oil & Gas
Pipeline, Gas Distribution, and Communications markets throughout
North America. H&M is also a founading member of the ET&D
Partnership, a collaborative industry partnership working to reduce
fatalities, injuries, and illnesses in the construction industry is
currently recruiting for a Senior Project Manager.The Senior
Project Manager provides management for multiple, large, utility,
construction projects in California and is accountable for the
project's success. Additionally, the Project Manager provides
support to other project teams in the planning and execution of the
project including resolving issues, training, mentoring, and
coaching.The Senior Project Manager at Henkels and McCoy provides
project-related management for multiple large utility construction
projects throughout the Western US. This position is accountable
for all aspects of a project's success from the initial
proposal/bidding process to meet or exceed the clients'
expectations to the profitable completion of the jobs with a
special emphasis on Safety Performance. Additionally, this position
provides direct support to other functional project teams in the
planning and execution of the job including resolving issues,
managing resources, project coordination, interfacing with client
representatives regarding the project's progress, oversight of
project accounting, training, mentoring, and coaching. This
position will be based in San Diego, CA, with long and short-term
assignments determined by specific
- Manages a portfolio of projects coordinating less experienced
- Manages large projects ($10MM to $100MM) with overall project
performance responsibility (scope, safety, quality, schedule,
innovation, cost, and customer satisfaction) coordinating
site-specific Project Managers or coaching PMs during the
initiation and planning phases.
- Sponsors programs or large projects in the West Region.
- Manages medium to large size proposals
(risk/scheduling/estimating/construction teams) during
- Serves as a single point of contact, establishing, maintaining,
and managing customer, sub-contractor, and joint venture partner
expectations regarding overall project performance.
- Reports project status and performance data as required to
upper management and executives.
- Ensures compliance with the Henkels & McCoy established Project
Management Methodology (PMM).
- Plans, monitors, and controls the project throughout its
- At a given time could be involved in any combination of:
- Mentoring others in Henkels and McCoy's PMM.
- Training/teaching Henkels and McCoy's PM
- Assisting in the development and continuous improvement of
Henkels and McCoy's PMM.Qualifications:
--- BS degree in Project Management, Construction Management,
Engineering, or related profession required.
- 10+ years of relevant (power/gas construction industry) Project
Management Experience required.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the construction industry
Project Management Methodology required.
- The position of Project Manager at Henkels and McCoy requires
the ability to work in an office setting as well as on active
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills required.
- Experience/knowledge of construction operations, power
transmission/distribution design, financial acumen, and team-based
- Thorough understanding of utility industry practices,
operations, contract administration, contract management, and
standards, with emphasis on power utility business required.
- Travel will be required as well as the ability to commit to
long-term on-site assignments.
- Coaching skills to develop Associate Project Managers
- Proficient understanding of CPM scheduling and software
applications (Primavera, MS Project) is beneficial.
- This includes but is not limited to significant time standing
or walking on uneven ground, possible climbing of ladders or being
in high places, working in tight spaces, and in general, being
overall physically demanding.
- Fundamental business writing skills
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Able to work with minimum supervision
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities,
Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
Keywords: Henkels & McCoy, San Diego , Senior Project Manager, Accounting, Auditing , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!