Senior, Value Added Tax
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Are you a team player with a practical, business-oriented
mindset? Do you enjoy working in an ever-changing global
environment with fast-moving markets and evolving business models?
Our Global Value Added Tax Services practice, a multicultural and
energetic national specialty group within our International Tax
practice, is looking for dynamic individuals who are self-motivated
and prepared to travel to support the national practice and its
international clients. If this is you, apply now!
What You'll Do
As a Tax Senior, you will help businesses manage their indirect
taxes effectively by providing tax technical support, guidance on
effective processes implementation, and leveraging technology
solutions. Deloitte provides client focused advisory services on
local and international indirect tax related matters including
planning, rate determination and international consulting such as
foreign indirect tax requirements.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Advise U.S. and foreign multinational companies on the indirect
tax implications of their international operations.
- Work with VAT/GST and other similar transaction-based
- Work directly with clients and liaise with indirect tax
colleagues in Deloitte's global member firm network.
- Help integrate indirect tax planning into our client's overall
business strategy, helping them comply with complex international
indirect tax requirements in connection with, for example, a merger
or acquisition, a global ERP implementation, maintaining compliance
with multi-jurisdictional business transactions, or streamlining a
multinational supply chain.
- Help clients reduce costs and manage tax compliance risk while
increasing confidence that nothing has been missed.
- Work with technology-based compliance management solutions.
Our Global VAT Services practice assists multinational companies
with a wide array of indirect taxes including value-added tax
(VAT), goods & services tax (GST), consumption tax, and many other
transaction-based taxes. The practice concentrates its efforts on
providing state-of-the art indirect tax advice to its clients,
helping these businesses effectively manage indirect taxes by
providing tax technical support, guidance on compliance and
reporting requirements and process improvements, and assistance
with leveraging technology solutions. We are a multicultural team
from around the world with diverse backgrounds in tax, law,
economics, business, and more. The practice works closely with
Deloitte's Global network of VAT/GST specialists based in more than
150 countries worldwide.
- 2+ years of experience working in indirect tax, preferably
working with multinational companies
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other
- Experience with an accountancy firm, consultancy practice, law
firm, or large tax department of a multinational company
- Indirect tax consulting and/or compliance experience
- Experience in indirect tax automation (ERP or tax engine)
- Ability to travel 25%, on average, based on the work you do and
the clients and industries/sectors you serve.
- One of the following accreditations obtained, in process, or
willing able to obtain:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to
sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- CTA (UK)
- ATT (UK)
- ATT VAT foundation course (UK)
- Foreign equivalents to the above UK certifications; OneSource
Indirect Tax Certification, Vertex
- Other tax technology vendor certifications for implementations
(e.g. Oracle, SAP) equivalents (requiring approval)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Big 4 experience
- An advanced degree such as MST, JD, or LLM
- Excellent research and oral and written communication
- Experience in supply chain restructuring, data analytics, or
- In-depth indirect tax background in one or more jurisdictions
with first-hand experience applying indirect tax knowledge in a
range of industries
- Strong analytical abilities
Keywords: Deloitte, San Diego , Senior, Value Added Tax, Accounting, Auditing , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!