Senior Financial Analyst
Company: Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Together, Let's Make A Difference.
At Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services, our mission is to help improve
the health of humankind. As a leading, global contract development
and manufacturing organization, with sites in the US, Belgium,
Japan and India, we work together to empower our clients to bring
drugs to market.
Every team member, from manufacturing and quality programs to
development and facilities services are a critical component to
this effort. At our US location, our focused expertise and
capabilities makes us one of the industry's top leaders for large
molecule manufacturing and aseptic drug product fill in vials and
We believe our people are our greatest asset and we are committed
to providing our employees with an environment that supports
personal and professional growth. We take pride in knowing our
efforts are helping countless patients for years to come.
Do you enjoy working in a dynamic, inspiring team with an amazing
culture? If you do, then Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services is the place
We are currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst who will assist
and support the Company with developing, implementing, and managing
the financial and operational goals/objectives through preparation,
reporting, and interpretation of financial plans, reports,
forecasts, and budgets. The analyst partners with various
functional and departmental personnel on projects and initiatives
to drive financial and operational performance. The analyst
functions as an advisor to other company personnel in a wide array
of areas including finance, accounting, supply chain, and other
*The Senior Financial Analyst is an exciting, remote position!*
- Prepares and distributes monthly financial reporting including
consolidated, segment and departmental operating results, and
provides quantitative analysis of key variances and trends.
Coordinates with other contributing parties to complete analyses
and reporting processes in a timely and quality fashion.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting monthly reporting
packages to parent company. Answers questionnaires and analysis
from parent company.
- Proactively collects and maintains data for integrated
financial and operational metrics, dashboards and analysis.
- Participates in making critical decisions by translating cost
data into useful information.
- Participates in annual budget preparation, monthly forecasting
updates and mid-term planning.
- Develops, maintains, and improves complex Excel (or other
system based) financial models with both short and long-term
- Assists in the development and implementation of financial
policies and procedures. Recommends best practices based upon
analytical review of factual data.
- Regularly meets with functional managers to review and discuss
monthly results to drive cost savings and provides support for
maintaining positive financial control. Facilitates, expedites and
resolves a variety of financial/reporting issues/questions raised
by business partners.
- Regularly and proactively meets with functional managers to
discuss, develop, implement and review process improvements.
- Participates in special projects, cross training and performs
ad-hoc duties and analysis as required.
- Manages the Finance review step of the purchase requisition
approval process, ensuring adherence to the Signature Authority
policy, review of GL coding, and spending in consideration of
- Acts as subject matter expert for FP&A and related modules
in ERP system. Maintains Chart of Accounts and Cost Center
structure in ERP system.
- Understands (or has an interest) in both accounting and
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both
internal and external business associates that reflects positively
on the company and is consistent with the company's policies and
- Maintains transparent communication. Appropriately communicates
organization information through department meetings, one-on-one
meetings, and appropriate email, and regular interpersonal
- Advise management on decisions such as how to improve
performance, minimize risk or capture new opportunities from both
within the company and within the external environment
- Regular and reliable attendance on a full time basis
- Embodies Aji Bio-Pharma's cultural values and aligns daily
actions with department goals and company culture.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance(preferred), Accounting, or
- Minimum of Eight (8) years of experience in FP&A, Cost
Accounting, or Operations Management
- Solid technical background in generally accepted accounting
principles and/or internal controls over financial reporting
- ERP experience is required (preferably QAD)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly
and concisely both verbally and in writing to all levels within the
- Detailed oriented, advanced analytical and technical skills are
required. Ability to connect details to the "big picture".
- Functional fluency in manufacturing and business
- Intermediate or Advanced Excel skills are required
- Ability to work autonomously, within prescribed guidelines, and
as a team member
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure with multiple
- A proven driven, self-starter
We provide a Total Rewards package designed to make life better -
both at work and at home.
- Annual Bonus Opportunities for All Employees
- 15 Days Starting PTO (Annual Increase) + Sick Time Off +
Volunteer Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Annual Company Shutdown in December
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental + Vision
- 401K Company Match + Immediate Vesting
- Backup Daycare and Eldercare
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Events
- Employee Discount Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Casual Dress Code
- Wellness Programs
- Community Outreach Opportunities
If you meet the requirements above, and would like to apply for
this position, please visit our website at www.ajibio-pharma.com
and click on the "Careers" section. Please be sure to note where
you saw our ad posting.New hires will pass a background check and
drug screen as a condition of employment.We are an EOE dedicated to
a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services, San Diego , Senior Financial Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!