Corporate Development Director
Company: Technical Safety Services
Location: San Diego
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionWho are we?The TSS Family of Companies is one of
the largest independent laboratory and hospital service providers
with locations across the United States. Our customers include
leading life sciences and healthcare companies and renowned
research institutions. We are a leading provider of environmental
monitoring solutions and testing, calibration, and certification
services for controlled environments, medical gas systems, and
laboratory instrumentation. Our Family of Companies includes
Technical Safety Services (TSS), Evergreen Medical Services (EMS)
and AL-TAR.We are rapidly growing and looking for additional
passionate and talented employees to join our team and partner with
our customers who are doing dramatic work focused on improving the
human condition.How will you make an impact?The Corporate
Development Director reports directly to executive leadership and
spearheads the execution of our M&A strategy, which is a
critical part of our overall business strategic and growth
objectives. You will lead all elements of the acquisition
transactional process, from target identification and initial
investigation, through negotiation, sign, and due diligence, to
close. You will direct the efforts of a team comprised of business
and functional representatives and our 3rd party providers and work
in close partnership with Company leadership and our financial
sponsors. In this highly visible role, you will simultaneously
manage multiple transactions through their entire life cycle from
inception to close before handing the project over to the
integration team.What will you do?
- Identify appropriate opportunities that support TSS' strategic
priorities through interaction with TSS leadership, investment
bankers, and organic pipeline generation. Build and nurture
relationships with ownership at these companies.
- Lead the evaluation and transactional execution of acquisitions
by directing the efforts of a team of internal business/functional
representatives and 3rd party diligence and legal providers.
- Lead all pre-transaction efforts to evaluate strategic fit,
synergy opportunities, and risks.
- Act as a subject matter expert on valuation and deal
- Plan and execute the collection of a broad set of information
and data for confirmatory diligence purposes.
- Negotiate key legal documents and bring transactions across the
- Closely collaborate on the handoff of closed acquisitions for
onboarding and integration.
- Build and help present business cases for deal approval to the
- Regularly present to the corporate executive team and act in a
project management capacity by providing regular status updates on
the deal pipeline.
- Establish the ongoing processes, skill sets, and strategy that
will enable TSS to continue to build out our corporate development
- Other duties as assigned.How will you get here?Education and
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business
Administration, or another related field. An advanced degree is a
- Requires 2 years of relevant experience in mergers and
acquisitions or other relevant experience in corporate strategy,
corporate development, investment banking, venture capital, and/or
- A combination of education, experience and training may meet
requirements.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Self-starter mentality, with a willingness to independently
identify and solve problems.
- Strong sense of ownership, accountability, and high attention
to detail with a proven ability to manage and meet multiple
- Strong project management capabilities.
- Advanced Excel skills and a proven track record of creating
reports and valuation models used to influence executive-level
- Experience presenting complex strategic business concepts to
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and
confidentiality in matters of high sensitivity.How will you get
rewarded?Compensation and Benefits
- 401(k) plan with a company matching contribution
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Long-term disability, short-term disability, and life
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Commuter benefit plan (CBP)
- Competitive paid time off and paid holidays TSS Family of
Companies is a passionate equal opportunity employer and celebrates
diversity. Interested in a role but not sure it's the right fit for
you? Call us and let's talk.*This position may be considered for
hybrid-remote work. Powered by JazzHRGJLzuKCd2M
Keywords: Technical Safety Services, San Diego , Corporate Development Director, Accounting, Auditing , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!