2227 - Sr Accountant
Company: Sharp HealthCare
Location: San Diego
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Hours Shift Start Time:Shift End Time:Additional Shift
Information:Weekend Requirements:On-Call Required:NoWhat You Will
DoTo provide, direct and coordinate accounting services and
activities of one operating unit and other areas of responsibility.
Responsible for providing management with accurate and timely
financial statements; providing direction and training in
accounting procedures and reporting systems to operating unit(s)
and other accounting personnel; preparation of all Federal and
State income tax filings and sales tax. Analyze and reconcile all
balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis. Assisting accountable
individuals in the preparation of the annual budget.Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or other equivalent degree or
- 3 Years Experience in accounting or auditing. Preferred
- Experience preferably within a healthcare environment.
- Experienced with microcomputers and automated accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) - CA Board of Accountancy
- AccountingPresents accurate and complete financial statements
at monthly "FARM" (Financial Analysis and Review Meeting),
including concise and meaningful supporting analyses.Prepares
quantitative and qualitative analyses by Board meeting
- Annual audit schedulesPrepares annual audit schedules and
provides other audit assistance as required and/or effectively
supervises Accounting Associate in the preparation of such
- Complete all special projectsCompletes accurate financial
questionnaires, surveys and reports for customers by stipulated
deadline. Assists with special projects as requested by
- Demonstrates dependability and teamworkCompleting assigned
duties in a safe, cost-effective manner.Using and planning personal
leave time according to departmental guidelines.Accepting
interpersonal differences and promoting cooperation with fellow
employees.Working with Senior and Accounting Associates in
prioritizing workload.Mintaining confidentiality of information to
which he/she is privileged.
- Monthly account analysis and reconciliationsPrepares account
analyses and reconciliations on a monthly basis including, adequate
supporting documentation and/or effectively supervises Accounting
Associate in the preparation of such schedules.
- Prepares federal and state tax returnsPrepares annual Federal
and state-tax returns by completion date and assists with tax
research and other tax matters as requested.
- Prepares journal entriesPrepares monthly journal entries
necessary to account for all financial transactions with
appropriate supporting documentation and/or effectively supervises
Accounting Associate in the preparation of such entries. Knowledge,
Skills, and Abilities
- Good communication skills, both written and oral, including the
ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the
- Strong customer service orientation and commitment to
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, as well as prepare
concise, accurate and meaningful reports.
- Good documentation skills with the ability to keep neat,
accurate and concise records.
- Knowledge of procedures for preparing financial reports in
accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Proficient with MS Excel.Sharp HealthCare is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other
things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any
other protected class
Keywords: Sharp HealthCare, San Diego , 2227 - Sr Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!