Senior Tax Associate - Remote
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 26, 2022
WHO are we looking for?
A Senior Tax Associate to work with team members to provide high
net worth families, individuals, and their related entities with
tax compliance and consulting, and wealth management services. The
Senior Tax Associate is responsible for adding to the team's
efforts in all client relations including planning, directing, and
executing all tax projects effectively. This position will also
develop tax planning techniques for prospective clients and make
general recommendations for appropriate additional services.
- Meets and corresponds with clients/potential clients and
regularly with attorneys, CPAs, and other vendors collaboratively
to service the client
- Coordinates tax services for clients
- Analyzes and resolves basic client issues using sound judgment
based on experience
- Provides leadership and coaching to tax associates, interns,
and other employees
- Updates client files and records as appropriate
- Builds internal work relationships to enhance efficiency of the
- CPA certification or CPA candidate required
- Master's degree in Tax from an accredited university
- 3 or more years current public accounting experience preparing
and reviewing all types of returns
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge of federal, state, and local income tax
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong financial analytical and planning skills and work
- Strong work ethic, professional demeanor, and client service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate highest personal ethics, integrity, and
WHAT can you expect from your career at CAPTRUST?
Our colleagues, like our clients, tend to stay with CAPTRUST for
years. There's a reason for it; it's a great place to work and
grow. We all work together, each of us motivating those around us
with our commitment to high standards. At CAPTRUST, expect a fully
stocked break room, fun employee events, and a quality team
surrounding you with opportunities for personal growth.
Our Employee Benefits Package shows how much we value our team.
Employee ownership opportunitiesBrick Bonus success sharing
programComprehensive health coverage + Virgin Pulse wellness
platform401(k) program with a 5% employer match + financial
planning for colleagues
WHERE will you be working?
This position is fully remote or can be done from any CAPTRUST
regional office location.
HOW do we build a world class organization one brick at a time?
We make it a priority to hire those who have a commitment to
service, a real interest in other people, and a burning need to
improve continuously. Simply put: the difference at CAPTRUST is the
quality of our people and the depth of our bench. If you are ready
to make your mark, we want to talk to you.
Are you the next brick?
To get it done the CAPTRUST Way, an individual should exhibit the
- Ability to build successful, collaborative, and trusting
- Instinctive aptitude for consistently creating accurate,
concise, respectful, and easy-to-understand verbal and written
communications conveying complex information
- A strong sense of urgency about getting work done and solving
problems to achieve results that benefit our clients and
colleagues, even when faced with challenges
- Inherent desire to give back to our communities and enrich the
lives of those around us
- An other-centered mindset
- Integrity through maintaining objectivity
At CAPTRUST, we are committed to building and maintaining a diverse
workforce and inclusive work environment where ALL colleagues feel
authentically seen, respected, and supported.
CAPTRUST is committed to providing employment opportunities without
regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, familial
status, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, medical
condition, marital status and registered domestic partner status,
citizenship status, military and veteran status, disability,
protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other
status protected by law. CAPTRUST makes all employment decisions
without regard to these protected statuses and does not tolerate
harassment or discrimination.
Keywords: CAPTRUST, San Diego , Senior Tax Associate - Remote, Accounting, Auditing , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!