Senior Cryptographic Systems Engineer
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description Job Description:Leidos in San Diego, CA is looking
for a Senior Cryptographic Systems Engineer to join our team
supporting Cryptographic Modernization (CryptoMod) initiatives
within our Intelligence Organization.Leidos ranks as a top industry
leader for its high performance and high reliability ensuring
priority of our nation's safety. Our team is chartered with
providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design,
produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while
providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. We welcome all
those who have big ideas, crave innovation and have the passion to
bring the warfighter home safe. With a 9/80 schedule, and every
other Friday off, our flexible work environment provides you a
chance to change the world without giving up your personal life.
This is your chance to join a dynamic team working across multiple
disciplines with opportunities to further expand your knowledge and
grow your career.Hybrid Remote- Candidate must be local to the San
Diego, CA area. Onsite is required for occasional meetings,
requirements of position and other contract requirements.This
project provides the full range of systems design, analysis,
integration, verification, and validation activities in support of
the Navy's Key Management project portfolio. As a senior member of
the Systems Engineering team, you would be responsible for the
release requirements, system technical integrity and associated
documentation in support of new features and new product releases.
In this position you can expect to be working with hands-on
applications and system configurations including move, add and
change work, preventive maintenance, and performance optimization
for Cryptographic hardware and systems.Primary
- Lead system engineering, hardware, and software analysis to
support the Navy's Key Management project portfolio.
- Designing, engineering, and consulting with business
stakeholders and vendors on requirements and supporting
- Define and apply systems engineering processes to perform an
analysis of alternatives and to provide suggested solutions that
meet customer requirements.
- Gather information on specific missions and service needs and
provide inputs to specifications to provide to infrastructure and
end cryptographic unit development programs.
- Manage requirements, including decomposition, allocation,
verification, and validation for subsequent use by future
development and test teams.
- Define and develop System Architecture, CONOPS, and use case
development using systems engineering methodologies.
- Participate and lead discussions at customer meetings, working
groups, and technical interchange meetings associated with the work
performed in this project.
- Relocation assistance available to move to San Diego, CA.Basic
- Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or
related field and 8-13 years of system engineering experience.
- US citizenship and an active Secret DoD security
- Candidate must live within commuting distance from the work
- Demonstrated knowledge of Key Management Infrastructure and
Cryptographic Product modernization initiatives.
- Experience in requirements decomposition.
- Demonstrated experience performing complex engineering
evaluations (e.g., Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs), Courses of
Action (CoAs), Trade Studies, or Engineering Assessments) and/or
developing complex technical correspondence and documents to record
- Ability to analyze risks and uncertainties and ability to
navigate projects through established processes.
- Understanding complex system development methods.
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- DoD 8570 approved security certification (i.e., Security +)
(Will be required 90 days after hire).Desired
Qualifications:Familiarity with System Architecture development and
description concepts including:
- Descriptive framework including DoDAF
- Architecture development and system modeling tools such as
- Design refinement with workflows and use cases
- Architecture forms including centralized, client-server,
distributed, virtualized, and cloud basedUnderstanding of
Cryptographic Key Management based on EKMS and KMI:
- COMSEC Operations and Accountability
- Transfer, receipt, accounting, inventory, reconciliation, and
- Warehouse operations, receiving, distribution, reporting, and
automationDetailed knowledge of Networking and Interface
- Web services including RESTful and SOAP
- Documentation with IETF/RFCsUnderstanding of Security
requirements and implementation including:
- Windows and Unix security architectures
- Public Key Infrastructure with trust chains, certificates,
revocation checking, cert validation
- Cryptographic mechanisms such as SHA, HMAC, Elliptic Curve, and
quantum resistance approaches
- Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)
- Security frameworks adhering to STIGs, RMFPay Range:Pay Range -
-The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline
onlyand not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional
factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not
limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience,
knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity,
alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if
any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos, San Diego , Senior Cryptographic Systems Engineer, Accounting, Auditing , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!