Personal Banker, Retail Banking (Kearny Mesa - San Diego, CA)
Company: HomeStreet Bank
Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Personal Banker, Retail Banking (Kearny Mesa - San Diego, CA)
page is loaded Personal Banker, Retail Banking (Kearny Mesa - San
Diego, CA) Apply locations HomeStreet - CA - San Diego - 9363
Clairemont Mesa Blvd time type Full time posted on Posted 24 Days
Ago job requisition id R0007649 Salary Range:$21.20 - $31.83
(Depending on knowledge, skills, abilities and location. Certain
level jobs may be eligible for bonus, commission, and/or equity
awards.) Benefits worth writing home about:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their
- Life, disability and family Leave
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with employer match
- Wellness program, employee assistance program, "Commute Trip
Reduction" (CTR) and various employee discounts -
- Generous vacation, sick leave, 11 paid holidays, and 16 hours
of paid leave every year for community service work
- Free employee checking account and employee home loan discounts
EO/AA Employer including Vets and Disabled. Qualified applicants
with arrest and conviction records will be considered in accordance
with legal requirements. If you are a California resident, you may
be entitled to certain rights regarding your personal information,
which is information that identifies, relates to, or could
reasonably be linked with a particular California resident or
household. - Additional information about our data collection
practices and location specific notices is available on our privacy
policy Job Description Summary This position is responsible for
acquisition, retention and expansion of new and existing customer
relationships. The Personal Banker provides exceptional service by
taking ownership of the customer experience from introducing the
customer to HomeStreet Bank through profiling, assessing their
banking and borrowing needs, and recommending appropriate products
based on a thorough knowledge of HomeStreet products and services.
This position builds a profile of each customer and maintains
frequent personal, phone or email contact in an effort to grow and
deepen customer relationships. Job Details Primary
- Effectively interview and profile customers in order to
recommend appropriate banking products and services.
- Proactively offers ideas and solutions to help customers
recognize possibilities and strategies that will help them build
and strengthen their financial position.
- Proactively identify and retain "at risk" customers.
- Strategically utilize advertising leads, MCIF lists, personal
contacts, referrals from the Bank and branch customer base to build
a book of business through deposit generation.
- Effectively partner with other business lines within the Bank
to identify sales opportunities and provide an outstanding customer
- Open and close all consumer and businesses products.
- Process complex transactions including: changing account
ownership, living trusts, guardianship accounts, and estate
- Originate consumer loans, act as a customer advocate to ensure
prompt processing of consumer loans.
- Complete new customer profiles each week and update current
customer profiles weekly.*
- Make referrals to the Branch and District Managers or to
business partners in other business lines within the company as
- In conjunction with the Manager, makes business development
calls each month as assigned.
- May conduct offsite presentations such as Financial Literacy
Seminars and Bank at Work presentations to build branch consumer
and business customer base
- May lead branch and district sales campaigns
- May have other Business Development activities assigned as
needed*The actual number of completed profiles and outside business
development calls may vary from branch to branch, based on the
expectations of the manager.Service
- Set an example for the CSR staff in the area of customer
service and customer advocacy.
- Perform teller duties as required.
- Actively listen to customers, and maintain a friendly,
positive, professional attitude. Resolve difficult situations with
creativity, tact and diplomacy.
- Support branch lobby management
- Conduct care calls with existing consumer and business clients
to ensure customer satisfactionOther Job Responsibilities
- Maintain a complete understanding of products, services and the
Bank's business-customer acquisition strategy.
- Monitors personal weekly/monthly sales efforts, ensuring sales
targets and results are achieved.
- May partner with leadership to mentor and coach CSR staff to
enhance their sales skills.
- Participates in branch events/sponsorships and is involved with
groups and organizations within the community.Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's degree in
business related field preferred.
- 3 years of experience in customer service, sales or banking
experience required. Sales experience in the banking or financial
- Local travel required. Valid driver's license, vehicle, and
liability insurance are required.
- Demonstrated sales experience with proven results including
diverse customer profiles and complex needs
- Ability to identify client needs, present banking solutions and
bank products. Recognize closing opportunities and retain and grow
customer relationships. Ability to initiate customer contact
through letters, email, telephone or personal contact.
- Exceptional customer service skills. -
- Ability to encourage open communication by listening
attentively and actively. Excellent business writing skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment. Ability to work
quickly and accurately, to analyze information and make
- Excellent multi-tasking skills. Ability to prioritize and
perform a variety of concurrent tasks with minimal direction.Mental
and Physical Considerations:
- Able to operate a Personal Computer and view information on a
- Must be able to sit for many hours each day.
- Must be able to communicate via telephone and possess dexterity
to include filing document, reaching and bending.
- May be required to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift or carry up to 10 pounds
- Ability to speak and understand English and express ideas and
have difficult conversation in person and over the telephone
- Ability to listen and comprehend speech.
- Ability to problem solve, make decisions, interpret data and
information, read, write and organize information in an orderly
- Willing and able to travel occasionally as needed.
- Ability to operate teller and office equipment including
computers, adding machines, telephones, typewriters, copy machines,
fax machines, electronic credit card authorization terminals, and
security devices.Work Environment:
- Normal business office environment.
- Ability to work in artificial light for extended periods of
timeThis Position Description may not be limited to the Functions
and Requirements as outlined, now or in the future. For example,
changes in corporate needs, position demands, or individual
performance may result in changes to the Functions or Requirements
of this position. Area Retail Banking (Sales) If you are a
California resident, you may be entitled to certain rights
regarding your personal information. Additional information about
our data collection practices and location specific notices is
1921, HomeStreet Bank offers consumer and business banking,
mortgage financing, commercial lending, investment and insurance
products and services in the Pacific Northwest, California and
Hawaii. We maintain a shared goal across teams and regions to be
the trusted and preferred source of financial services for our
clients.Our drive to achieve this goal begins with trust - in our
own abilities and in those who we work with each day. At
HomeStreet, we respect and empower our employees to make decisions
that support innovation, and deliver results for customers.
Employees collaborate across teams to make the right decisions,
share knowledge, continually move forwards and grow.We believe in
promoting from within to deliver the strongest base of company
knowledge, shared experience. And understanding about how our
company has grown and evolved since its founding in 1921. Our teams
reflect motivation, caring and a drive to achieve while having fun
and supporting the communities where we live and work. This is how
we deliver value every day. Work Culture As a rapidly expanding
company, HomeStreet offers many opportunities to learn and grow.
Throughout a period of dramatic growth, we have preserved the
tradition of working in cross-functional project teams and
promoting advancement across the company. Whether your interest
lies in the banking or lending aspects of our business, if you have
a desire to learn, are enthusiastic, perform quality work and have
a passion for customer service, you will thrive in this fast paced
and fun environment where people respect and help each other.
Diversity and Inclusion Diversity - HomeStreet is committed to a
diverse workplace with employees from a wide range of backgrounds.
We recognize that a more diverse workforce translates to broader
perspective and greater understanding, which in turn translates to
a greater capacity for customer service. We focus on recruiting and
retaining employees from different backgrounds and who are
representative of the people in our communities. By doing so, we
are better able to serve our customers and understand their
financial services needs and goals. Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal employment opportunity is a fundamental HomeStreet belief. We
practice fair and equal treatment for everyone, regardless of race,
color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, political
ideology, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, or the
presence, history or perception of having any sensory, mental or
physical disability, genetic information, or protected veteran
status. In addition, we ensure compliance with federal, state and
local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This
philosophy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Employing Individuals with Disabilities HomeStreet embraces the
American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local
laws providing for nondiscrimination in employment against
qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have any difficulty
using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a
disability, you may use the alternative email address below to
contact us about your interest in employment with HomeStreet Bank:
Recruiting@homestreet.com. Come Grow With Us For more than 100
years, HomeStreet Bank has maintained a strong commitment to
ethics, customer service and support of our communities. Building
trust with our customers and employees is at the core of everything
we do, and we're looking for talented and motivated people to join
us as we grow and evolve as a company.We are an equal opportunity
employer with a commitment to employee development. We continually
aim to build and maintain a successful team of talented people who
feel challenged to do their best every day. We hire for potential,
support personal development, and whenever possible, promote from
within.We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and incentives with
the opportunity to give back to the community. Whether you're just
beginning your career in financial services, or have years of
experience, we have a wide range of job opportunities for you to
Keywords: HomeStreet Bank, San Diego , Personal Banker, Retail Banking (Kearny Mesa - San Diego, CA), Accounting, Auditing , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...