Senior Universal Banker
Company: Disability Solutions
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Job Title:Senior Universal BankerLocation:CA - San Diego, B
StreetWhat you'll do:The position of Senior Universal Banker is
responsible for regularly supporting the Operations Officer and
Operations Manager; ensures branch operational activities run
smoothly and efficiently; promotes business for the Bank by
maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to
appropriate personnel for new services. The Senior Universal Banker
is required to be completely knowledgeable and skilled and perform
duties in the areas of new accounts, teller, vault, safe deposit
and branch operations, and is expected to provide leadership,
training and support to less experienced tellers and other staff
members. May also be responsible for limited supervisory duties in
the absence of the Operations Officer/Manager. Assures compliance
with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as, all applicable
state and federal banking regulations.What we are looking for:
- Provides support to all assigned areas of branch operations
where service or assistance is needed.
- Reinforces the application of superior customer service through
his or her own example along with appropriate follow-through with
involved customers and employees.
- Receives retail and commercial checking and savings deposits by
determining that all necessary deposit documents are in proper
form, and issuing receipts.
- Cashes checks, savings withdrawals and makes cash advances;
confirms all necessary documents are properly authorized, are in
proper form and are within authorized limits; makes decisions when
questionable items are presented for cashing.
- Promotes and cross-sells the Bank's products and services by
assisting customers in their selection to meet their needs.
- Establishes proper identification of new customers and
determines need and extent of reference investigation.
- Makes decisions regarding the opening of new accounts; assigns
account numbers; completes forms requiring customer signature(s);
checks credit history; accepts initial deposits; prepares all
documents and items pertaining to checking accounts, savings
accounts and certificates of deposit for processing.
- May participate in assuring quality control in regards to
audits and certifications.
- Will process account activity, determine balances, and resolve
problems within given authority.
- Issues official checks, money orders, traveler's checks and
savings bond applications.
- Performs safe deposit duties by opening accounts, controlling
access, assisting customers and processing affiliated reports.
- May accept Regulation I disputes acquiring appropriate
documentation and signatures and forward to the appropriate
department for processing.
- Performs lead duties including assigning and reviewing work for
accuracy and completeness, assisting others in resolving problems,
approving transactions within authority levels and training others
in branch operations.
- Assists other branch offices in resolving operational
- Receives and processes stop payment and hold orders.
- Accepts loan, installment and collection payments.
- Balances cash drawer daily and verifies cash being returned to
- Balances teller differences as it relates to general ledger
accounts; maintains accurate teller balancing records; balances
branch cash totals.
- Provides effective customer service and assists in resolving
problems within given authority.
- Records, files, microfilms, updates information, prepares wire
transfers and sorts mail or reports as required.
- Gather data and process various reports (e.g., currency
transaction, returned items, overdrafts, callbacks, etc.)
- Processes credit reports, credit card orders, address changes,
check and deposit slip orders, endorsement stamp orders, ATM
deposits, incoming and outgoing collections, incoming and outgoing
wires, FICA payments, credit ratings, certifications, change orders
and deposit slip corrections.
- May assist in opening and closing the vault daily; prepares and
processes incoming and outgoing shipments; and assists in balancing
vault currency and coin.
- May prepare and research levies, garnishments and other legal
- Cross-trains less experienced branch personnel.
- Provide staff support at other branch locations.
- Open and/or close the branch.Qualifications:These
specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum
experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory
performance of this position. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to
perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities
may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and
- Five (5) or more years of related experience and/or training;
or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate experience, knowledge and training in branch
operation activities, terminology and products and services.
- Intermediate knowledge of related state and federal banking
compliance regulations, Bank operational policies and procedures,
and the Bank's products and services.
- Intermediate skills in computer operation; mainframe computer
(ITI) system; word processing, spreadsheet and account opening
software programs (e.g., Microsoft Word and Excel, CFI DepositPro,
- Ability to calculate interest and balance accounts; count
currency, coin and negotiable instruments in a timely manner.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication
- Ability to deal with problems involving multiple facets and
variables in non-standardized situations.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing
- Basic operational supervisory skills to handle operational
issues, approve work as needed and answer customer inquiries, in
the absence of the Operations Officer or Operations
Manager.Compensation Information:Hourly pay for Southern California
is generally $26.28/hour to $32.46/hour. Hourly pay is determined
by specific job location.Benefits you'll love:We offer all the
important things you'd want - like competitive salaries, an
ownership stake in the company, medical and dental insurance, time
off, a great 401k matching program, tuition assistance program, an
employee volunteer program, and a wellness program. In addition,
you'll have the opportunity to bolster your business knowledge,
learning the ins and outs of how successful companies operate and
manage their finances, giving you invaluable hands-on experience to
help grow your career!About the company:Western Alliance Bank is a
wholly owned subsidiary of Western Alliance Bancorporation.
Alliance Bank of Arizona, Alliance Association Bank, Bank of
Nevada, Bridge Bank, First Independent Bank, and Torrey Pines Bank
are divisions of Western Alliance Bank; Member FDIC. AmeriHome
Mortgage is a Western Alliance Bank company.Western Alliance
Bancorporation is committed to equal employment and will consider
all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, color,
religion, age, nation origin, marital status, disability, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic
information. Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to
working with and providing reasonable accommodations for
individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a
disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any
part of the application process and/or need an alternative method
of applying, please email HR@westernalliancebank.com or call
602-386-2488. When contacting us, please provide your contact
information and state the nature of your accessibility issue. We
will only respond to inquiries concerning requests that involve a
reasonable accommodation in the application process.-- Western
Keywords: Disability Solutions, San Diego , Senior Universal Banker, Accounting, Auditing , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!