Project Financial Analyst - Remote (WFH)
Company: Cognitive Medical Systems, Inc.
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 21, 2023
If you are unable to complete this application due to a
disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an
alternative application process. 24 days ago Requisition ID: 1330
Position Summary:The Cognitive Project Financial Analyst is
responsible for supporting one or more project teams by providing
comprehensive financial support and implementation of project
management controls. Responsibilities include budgeting,
forecasting, reporting & analysis, business process improvement,
and month-end project settlement activities. This highly visible
position requires regular interaction with internal and external
customers as well as interactions with senior-level staff
The Project Financial Analyst serves as a partner to the project
manager and financial team by providing financial leadership and
transparency in support of driving a project performance-based
culture. The Project Controller oversees activities of assigned
Project / Billing Analysts if the project size and complexity
require such support.
- Responsible for controlling project financial performance,
maintaining budgets and forecasts in the ERP system, performing
effective financial analysis, and providing key financial reports
to all members of the project team in a timely manner.
- Manage revenue recognition, support Customer change management
in financial terms, validate profitability control in alignment
with thresholds defined by the Cognitive Project Sponsor.
- Review and approve, according to Customer purchase orders,
project invoice requests submitted by Project Management.
- Schedule and lead the activities to produce an integrated
project forecast, Estimate at Completion (EAC) report, evaluating
the accuracy of the project forecast by assessing actual cost,
physical project progress and underling potential risk/problem
areas against the project baseline forecast. Present the EAC to
Cognitive Management if, including total revenues and costs,
project margins, invoicing, payments, cash flow, risks,
opportunities, and contingencies.
- Prepare and present a project forecast and spend report to the
Customer, including (but not limited to) total revenues, invoicing,
payments, risks, opportunities, and contingencies.
- Ensure high integrity and transparency in performance reporting
and data management. -
- Prepare project pricing calculations and documentation.
- Establish and maintain project budgets and overall cost
- Develop and maintain project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
including revenue and billing formulas.
- Monitor and maintain contract funding and modification
- Review and approve all major project expenditures.
- Drive project profitability and other performance metrics.
- Ensure timely and accurate project billings [Cost Plus,
T&M, and FFP].
- Responsible for invoice tracking, reconciliation, and minimizes
project unbilled balances.
- Monitor and work to maximize project cash flow.
- Prepare risk and opportunity assessments; develop and execute a
plan to mitigate risks.
- Prepare ad hoc project reporting and analysis as required.
- Prepare detailed monthly project rolling forecasts.
- Participate in monthly project review meetings.
- Assist with contract close-out and incurred cost
- Support internal and external audits.
- Ensure project accounting is compliant with Cognitive and
Government accounting standards.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate activities with support teams including Corporate
Accounting, IT, HR, and Contracts.
- Other duties as assigned.Required qualifications, skills, and
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business.
- 10 years of experience relating to Program Controls, Project
Controlling [cost-schedule-performance], Financial Analysis, and
Pricing in the Government / Defense industry for various contract
types and complexity.
- Experience in developing project pricing models and performing
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize work and multitask
- Ability to work well in both a team setting and
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and
motivated to drive change and foster an environment to help achieve
- Communicate effectively with all levels of management both
orally and in written form.
- Advanced MS Excel skills with the ability to design complex
- Good understanding of Government contracts, FAR, and CAS.
- Working knowledge of project accounting and GAAP
- Experience with Unanet.
- Strong project management skills (PMI certification or
equivalent a plus).
Keywords: Cognitive Medical Systems, Inc., San Diego , Project Financial Analyst - Remote (WFH), Accounting, Auditing , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!