Senior Internal Auditor
Company: Hologic, Inc.
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 21, 2023
The Senior Financial Auditor is a member of the Internal Audit
(IA) team who is responsible for executing assigned financial,
operational, and compliance engagements. This responsibility
includes developing the audit scope, following department standards
and procedures, and preparing internal audit reports that reflect
high quality results of the work performed within established
timetables. This role is in either Marlboro, Massachusetts or San
Diego, California with a flexible work schedule.Responsible for
executing assigned financial, operational and compliance
engagements following department standards and procedures, within
established timetables and with high quality results. This would
- Planning, conducting and/or leading engagements to assess the
adequacy and effectiveness of controls, compliance with laws and
regulations and efficiency/effectiveness of operations.
- Developing risk assessments and audit programs.
- Reviewing/testing policies, procedures, and controls to
identify opportunities for improvement
- Conducting meetings with management upon commencement and
completion of engagements to discuss scope and significant audit
- Developing meaningful recommendations for management to improve
the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of controls and
- Drafting clear and concise audit reports and performing
follow-up on status of management actions taken on identified
- Assist in achieving full and continued compliance with the
Sarbanes-Oxley Act via annual testing.
- Interviewing and meeting with Process Owners and
- Updating SOX narratives and test matrices.
- Performing/supervising/Reviewing tests of compliance in various
- Participate in other projects and activities as assigned.
- Maintain technical and audit skill through performing research
on new audit techniques, special projects, accounting
pronouncements and regulatory issues andattending industry relevant
training courses.Education/Professional Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or
related discipline required. Graduate (Master's) degree
- At least one professional certification (CPA, CIA, CFE)
completed or in process.Experience:
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience in operational, financial,
and/or compliance auditing, including developing risk assessments,
audit surveys and audit programs. In-charge experience, including
reviewing work papers, strong multi-tasking skills, ensuring time
and dollar budgets are met, providing appropriate direction to
audit team members, preparing staff evaluations, leading opening
and exit meetings and drafting audit reports. Prior employment at a
national attestation/consulting practice preferred.
- Experience in data analytics would be preferred.Desirable
Skills and Personal Qualities:
- High ethical values and be a self-motivated team-player with a
strong sense of urgency, commitment, and accountability. Actively
seeks out new opportunities and improvements to existing
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal
skills that will enable effective interaction with all levels of
employees, management, and departments within the company.
- Excellent analytical skills and comfortable working with
complex data, processes, and systems to review and evaluate
- Proficient in business applications - Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Knowledge of Oracle and AuditBoard a plus.
- Understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO, and risk
assessment practices, audit principles and awareness of IIA
standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Proven leadership skills including overseeing the daily work of
other auditors; selling ideas and obtaining management buy-in for
constructive change; ability to teach and coach staff.
- Ability to work independently, with limited direction and
guidance.Flexiblework schedule. Based in either Marlboro,
Massachusetts or San Diego, California with occasional travel
(20-25%) to domestic and international locations depending on
audits/projects.Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:Agencies
that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current executed
Hologic Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource
Department. In addition, Agencies may only submit candidates to
positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic
Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Hologic Recruiter under
these terms or they will not be considered.Hologic, Inc. is proud
to be an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of disability and
veterans.All around the world people arelooking for an answer, a
test result, or a procedure that will offer themclarityand apath to
a healthier life.By working withproducts that make a difference,
your impact can be greater ...Diagnostic Sales Specialist - San
Diego, CAIs this role for you? When presented with an obstacle, do
you find another route? Are you a natural hunter who can seek
opportunities? Are you passionate about medical diagnostics? If you
answered yes to all the above ...Hologic Corporate Counsel At
Hologic, our mission is to help our patients everywhere lead
longer, healthier lives. We support this mission by offering
cutting-edge technologies in the areas of breast cancer diagnosis
...Join our QA leadership team in San Diego as our Senior Manager
of Quality Assurance supporting Biotheranostics, a wholly-owned
subsidiary of Hologic, Inc., which develops and provides
molecular-based diagnostic ...
Keywords: Hologic, Inc., San Diego , Senior Internal Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!