Company: General Atomics
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 14, 2018
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Financial Analyst to join our Financial Services Capital Team at General Atomics Aeronautical. This position, under general direction is responsible for reporting on assigned projects, budgeting, tracking costs, and providing variance analysis. The position must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, with the capacity to provide ad hoc reporting and analysis. The ideal candidate will possess strong communications skills and have the ability to interact with multiple levels of management. This individual makes internal and external presentations and may represent the company as the primary financial contact.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with finance and capital project managers assisting in establishing and tracking project--s budgets, actual incurred spending, anticipated to go spending, and completion of projects through the close out process.
- Supports the annual capital requirements and depreciation forecast.
- Prepares a variety of actual summary reports for capital management including financial and variance analyses and may include making recommendations for corrective action(s).
- Responds to inquiries, identifies issues, and develops solutions to complex and diverse challenges concerning a variety of financial data, some of which contain confidential and sensitive information, which require tact and discretion in handling.
- Develops financial data using models for forecasting, trending, and results analyses.
- Assists in estimating spend for new or on-going projects based on direct labor and other direct cost inputs.
- Performs special economic evaluations, business and cost impact analyses, and cash forecasting.
- Prepares monthly variance analysis, reconciliation, and reports for projects. Provides variance reporting to senior management.
- Uses SAP Business Intelligence reporting. Sets up and maintain projects, work breakdown structures, and network activities in the Project System's module in the company's ERP system.
- Analyzes labor and material charging to network activities and works closely with finance and accounting to identify and correct issues; recommends improvements to current processes.
- Streamlines processes to reduce time dedicated to collecting and analyzing data.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined precedents and policies to ensure that financial and cost control activities meet overall objectives.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in business administration with an emphasis in accounting and/or finance and six or more years of progressive professional cost accounting experience in a corporate environment, preferably with a government contractor. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of industry and government cost accounting principles, theories and concepts and a complete and thorough knowledge of cost accounting practices, techniques, and standards.
- The ability to identify issues and develop solutions to a variety of problems of diverse scope and complexity.
- Possesses a solid understanding of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present accounting and finance findings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide all levels of employees/customers, including senior managers and senior external parties on accounting and finance matters.
- The ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Excellent Microsoft Office and computer skills.
- The ability to initiate, plan, and manage projects.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Keywords: General Atomics, San Diego, Financial Analyst, Accounting, Auditing, San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!