Vice President, Global Total Rewards
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 14, 2018
As the recognized leader in data and analytics, Teradata believes that analytics and data unleash the potential of great companies and our mission is to empower companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics at scale and on our industry leading technology foundation.
The Human Resources team is expanding and scaling its capabilities. As a result, we are seeking a highly skilled, business-minded, experienced executive compensation expert and leader for Vice President, Global Total Rewards. This is an opportunity to shape the compensation and benefits philosophy as part of our exciting business transformation.
Reporting to the EVP & Chief Human Resources Officer, and as part of a team of 120+ HR professionals supporting more than 11,000 employees throughout the world, the Vice President, Global Total Rewards is responsible for design, development, implementation, communication and maintenance of the Teradatas global rewards functions, including Compensation, Benefits, Global Mobility, Immigration, and Equity Administration. In addition, as part of the HRLT, you will be a key stakeholder and influencer of HR Analytics and HR Systems strategy.
The Vice President, Global Total Rewards will work closely with CHRO, Executive Leadership and Board of Directors Compensation and Human Resources Committee (CHRC). The expectation is you will be presenting to the Board.
As part of a broader company transformation, including new HR leadership with a vision for human capital, the Vice President, Total Rewards, will play a key role in setting, reshaping, driving and supporting a new culture and standard across the organization, as well as within the HR team. This position offers an opportunity have your fingerprints all over our global HR approach and ethos, as we leverage our internal capabilities as well as expand and enhance as we build-out our HR team and model.
- Oversee and manage the design, development, implementation and administration of all compensation and benefits programs to support the attraction, retention and motivation of employees worldwide, develop and continuously improve incentive and bonus plan designs that best fit with the organizational culture, priorities and business model
- Mange all aspects of equity design and administration; manage the administration and compliance of the same
- Partner with Executive Leadership to ensure that all programs support the organizations strategic objectives and are competitive, cost effective and in compliance with legal requirements
- Work closely with IT to drive HR systems strategy and priorities; continue to evolve the use of HR Analytics
- Lead, develop and mentor a team of roughly 20 individuals across the globe in the functional areas of Compensation, Benefits, Global Mobility, Immigration and Equity Administration
- Lead and shape the vision for Total Rewards, working in partnership with other members of the HR leadership and COEs
- As a key leader in HR, you will help set the new standard for HR and help to reshape, drive and establish the HR model and culture moving forward
- Support M&A and reorganization activities as required Specific responsibilities by functional area include:
- Work with external consultant to the Compensation Committee on the design and implementation of Board of Director and executive compensation programs; responsible for development of agenda, materials and presentation for all CHRC meetings
- Develop strategy and talking points related to BOD and executive compensation matters
- Lead the preparation and distribution of the Teradatas annual proxy, working closely with Finance and Legal; responsible for the development of the Compensation Discussion and Analysis and related tables
- Direct the design and development of the companys broad-based wage and salary programs and structures including competitive short and long-term incentive plans for management, frontline and sales staff as appropriate per business unit and or at corporate level
- Lead the evaluation of jobs and the application of existing job classifications, assignment of job grades, salary ranges and FLSA status to positions
- Direct annual market survey and recommendations regarding changes in salary plans; oversee all activity related to published compensation surveys throughout the year and audit survey output, market trends and competitive pay positions to ensure Teradatas salary plans meet overall company goals and objectives
- Lead and particulate in development of solutions compensation 3-year roadmap and annual plan design (sales and consulting compensation plans)
- Responsible for ensuring Teradatas compensation plans comply with country, state and local laws and regulations; partner with Finance and Legal organizations on SEC filing related matters
- Participate in the development of technology solutions to modernize and improve administration for compensation, benefits, mobility and equity Benefits:
- Design, implement and routinely assess our benefits competitiveness relative to market and ensure program compliance on country by country basis. Develop global population health programs to encourage a focus on healthy lifestyles
- Monitor the changing US healthcare landscape and assess benefit design with an eye toward ensuring competitive, cost effective plans that drive a wellness culture
- Contract with, and actively manage, the benefit plan vendors, auditors and consultants for services, premiums and plan administration
- Analyze and evaluate services, coverage and options available through insurance and investment companies to determine programs best meeting the needs of Teradata
- Manage processes and controls to ensure total compliance with regulatory agencies and organizations HR Systems Strategy and Analytics:
- Working closely with IT & HRLT, champion HR systems strategy, investments and priorities
- Support project management of HR initiatives including project plan development, financial, technical and or resource requirements, for implementation of best practices and innovative solutions Equity Administration:
- Responsible for the plan documents, plan design, implementation, administration and compliance of equity programs including Teradatas Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Prepare the Companys Annual Proxy Statement including shareholder proposals, SEC required disclosure tables as well as calculation and proposal of share replenishment
- Forecast, monitor and report ongoing share utilization and stock compensation
- Partner with Legal to comply with company and or individual trading blackout requirements.
- Select and manage equity vendor relationships Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- A Bachelors degree (or equivalent) and a minimum of 15 years of executive, broad based and progressive experience designing and managing global compensation, benefits and equity programs and ten years leading the compensation and benefits functions for a large/mid-size, multi-national company
- The ideal candidate will have multiple years of experience designing and managing software subscription (SaaS) based programs
- Proven experience of working closely with Board of Directors Compensation Committee on all matters related to BOD and Executive Compensation in a public company, including overall competitive compensation positioning, short and long-term incentive design, equity management, tax compliance, SEC regulations, Executive agreement design and compliance (409A/280g). Demonstrated ability to prepare and present materials in a clear and concise manner providing experiential value
- Demonstrated track record of design, develop, communication and administration of compensation strategies and plans, including bonuses, equity, incentives, profit sharing and other compensation vehicles
- Creative state of the art thinking and practices in compensation, benefits and HRIS with ability and willingness to roll up ones sleeves and dive deep
- Achieve goals through influencing, partnering and developing productive relationships with Executive leadership across the company; be recognized as the go-to trusted advisor on all compensation and benefit issues
- You have knowledge of HR practices, principles and procedures based on working closely with colleagues across the HR function (HRBPs, talent acquisition, performance, shared services, etc.) and internal partners (COEs, Finance, etc.)
- Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to create and lead highly effective and successful teams; experience working in environments that drove excellence, held high standards and took a practical, but creative/innovative approach to human capital and total rewards
- Experience managing projects, including defining scope, managing budgets, driving deliverables, meeting deadlines and managing competing priorities
- Well-developed analytical skills and problem-solving skills, and the ability to connect the dots between the business needs and how we can best meet those needs
- Advanced interpersonal, listening and communication skills, including presentation and facilitation skills, and a track record of effectively communicating with and influencing at all levels, including providing critical feedback and the ability to help our executives, managers and employees navigate through difficult situations
- Strong people and organizational skills to lead..... click apply for full job details
Keywords: Teradata, San Diego, Vice President, Global Total Rewards, Accounting, Auditing, San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!