Financial Analyst - FP&A
Company: General Atomics and Affiliated Companies
Location: San Diego
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Financial Analyst II
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Analyst to join the Financial Planning and Analysis division of our Financial Services group at General Atomics Aeronautical Systems located in Rancho Bernardo, Ca. This position, under general supervision is responsible for supporting profit center revenue, cost of sales, gross margin, discretionary spending through profit (loss) relative to direct projects on a Monthly/Quarterly basis, the forecasts will involve one or more calendar year. This person must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, with the capacity to provide ad hoc reporting and analysis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide variance analysis activities throughout the year, that will drive ad hoc analytics to support the business as well as similar efforts when requested, routinely provide operational financial performance trends, historical & forecasted using appropriate metrics.
- Support timely, relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of the division's performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and strategic plan.
- Maintain various financial models and standard templates distributed for use by all of Finance during the planning processes, ensuring quality, accuracy and focused analytic review.
- Provide support to Program Area business units by being the first point of contact for issues and questions.
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and apply them.
- Support collaborative development of modeling tools, review of existing financial processes and development of new and/or improved planning processes, identify financial issues, recommend solutions and provide corrective action to any financial discrepancies.
- Provide support for executive level presentations.
- Assist in data maintenance & data validation of the newly implemented Planning Tool in support of the Financial Planning and Analysis team.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Travel Percentage Required
0% - 25%
Financial Analyst - FP&A
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in business administration with an emphasis in finance and/or accounting and three or more years of progressive professional experience in financial analysis in a corporate environment, preferably with a government contractor. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a general understanding of industry and government cost accounting principles, theories and concepts.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity; (2) excellent verbal and written communications and presentations skills to accurately document and report accounting and finance findings to a variety of audiences; (3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide employees, managers and external parties on accounting and finance matters; (4) the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information; and, (5) excellent computer skills.
- Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC) experience highly desirable.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Keywords: General Atomics and Affiliated Companies, San Diego , Financial Analyst - FP&A, Accounting, Auditing , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!