Senior Manager Client Service
Company: Cox Automotive
Posted on: January 16, 2019
This position manages and directs the overall operation and administration of factory sales and fleet lease operations of the auction. The position acts as a liaison between the auction and commercial accounts in regards to accuracy and quality of vehicle preparation. Key responsibilities include maintaining positive relationship with commercial accounts customers, developing new business, and providing quality service.
- Maintain accurate account records and a positive customer relationship by ensuring efficient and accurate handling and resolution of account problems
- Review and verify information on block summary dealer handouts, expense summary and recap reports. Verify pre-sale and after-sale audit
- Submit weekly account reports to the sales, operations and the general management, such as inventory status reports of aged, rejected and repurchased units
- Provide weekly inbound volume expectations to the vehicle entry manager based on transportation data and sale lineup/client mix
- Provide schedule of sale line-up to lot and recon managers for proper routing of vehicles, coordinating aged units first
- Maintain and develop staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees, and by providing educational opportunities
- Counsel and discipline employees as necessary
- Plan, monitor and evaluate job performance, and conduct performance appraisals
- Establish and maintain close working relationships and good rapport with major commercial accounts
- Develop new accounts through personal and telephone contact with potential customers and increase level of consignment with existing customers
- Provide progress reports to sales staff and other managers as necessary to increase commercial business
- Review work volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and effective customer service; review departmental performance against key performance indicators and metrics and develop and execute strategies for improvement
- Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect
- Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct
- Partner with various market level support teams (i.e. Finance, HR, MFS, Recon, Safety, Security, and Sales) to ensure effective and efficient operational processes that align with company objectives and strategies and high quality customer service and support
- Keep all contracts and auction manuals updated and available for employee use
- Manage and direct the efficient movement, pick-up and delivery of commercial and consignment vehicles to and from the auction as requested by clients
- Coordinate and review customer files and account records with appropriate managers to efficiently monitor aged inventory and title delays
- Walk/Audit sale line with clients to ensure quality standards are met
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Work in cooperation with market safety manager in support of all safety activities aligned with safety excellence
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
--- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years managerial experience required
- Knowledge of local and State titling laws preferred
- Experience in the automobile or Auction industry required
- Strong communication and interaction skills required
- Effective management, leadership and organizational skills required
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time. Vision abilities required.
- Good computer and software knowledge, as well as experience with AS400 essential.
- Occasional exposure to weather conditions, fumes, and noise.
- Reconditioning and/or body shop experience preferred
The posting is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Keywords: Cox Automotive, San Diego , Senior Manager Client Service, Accounting, Auditing , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!