Senior Operational Risk Specialist, Vice President
Company: Union Bank
Location: San Diego
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Discoveryour opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group
(MUFG), the 5th largestfinancial group in the world (as ranked by
S&P Global, April 2018) withtotal assets of over $2.9 trillion
(106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and150,000 colleagues in more
than 50 countries. In the U.S., we?re 13,000 strong,working
together to positively impact every customer, organization,
andcommunity we serve. At Union Bank, we aim to be the premier and
most-trustedWest Coast bank, serving customers with high-touch,
local delivery and globalcapabilities as we leverage our rich,
150-year history. This is all part of ourinclusive, high-performing
culture supported by competitive Total Rewards,including our cash
balance pension plan. Join a team that?s working to fulfillits
vision to be the world?s most trusted financial group.?Job
Summary:Asa Senior Operational Risk Specialist, you will support
the Operational RiskServices team in the First Line of Defense by
performing activities for theSales Practices Program, including
governance, escalation, monitoring andreporting related to sales
practices risks across the Bank. In addition, you'llparticipate in
assessing, tracking and reporting results of various riskmanagement
activities and Special Project coordination as the need arises.
Major Responsibilities:SalesPractices Program Governance
- Your primary areas of focus: First Line of Defense Operational
Risk ? Sales Practices
- You will track and monitor escalations of Sales Practices
- You will document internal and external procedures
- You will liaise with business divisions to assist with
completion of root cause analysis. You will identify risk trends
and/or symptoms of process control breakdowns.
- You will assess results of monthly reporting to ensure accuracy
- You'll document results per established procedures.
- You will oversee any remediation activities, including
documentation of action plans.
- You will monitor progress of remediation activities and analyze
overall trends and themes.
- You will participate on ad-hoc working groups to address and
resolve new areas of risk within the business areas of
responsibility, as requested.
- You will design and have input into various risk reports and
meeting agendas.Training, Communication, Committee
MeetingParticipation & Special Projects
- Coordinate communication within business divisions
- Ad-hoc or special project management responsibilities.
- Represent the Operational Risk Services team on committees
related to Sales Practices risks, as requested.
- Respond to questions from senior
- Typically, we require a bachelor?s degree.
- 7+ years of experience in operational risk or other risk
management functions within a financial institution
- We are looking for excellent organizational and communication
(both oral and written) skills.
- Are you highly proficient with SharePoint, Microsoft
PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Visio?
- Experience with a broad range of reporting tools is helpful
(e.g., Business Objects).
- You should be flexible and able to balance several priorities
- Strong analytical skills and good judgment to resolve issues
and facilitate progress against objectives.
- Ability to build relationship with people at all levels and
present to all levels of management including executive
- Experience with developing or monitoring key risk indicator
- Experience in financial institutions and finance organizations
is a positive.
- Experience in Tableau is also a positive.?The above statements
are intended to describethe general nature and level of the work
being performed. They are not intendedto be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, andskills required
of personnel so classified.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity
/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the
diversebackgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce
to createopportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do
not discriminate inemployment decisions on the basis of any
protected category.A conviction is not an absolute bar
toemployment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of
rehabilitation,seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are
considered in all employmentdecisions. Additionally, it?s the
bank?s policy to only inquire into acandidate?s criminal history
after an offer has been made. Federal lawprohibits banks from
employing individuals who have been convicted of, orreceived a
pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Keywords: Union Bank, San Diego , Senior Operational Risk Specialist, Vice President, Accounting, Auditing , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!