Company: Goldman, Magdalin & Krikes, LLP
Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: DOEWorkers' Compensation Defense
Secretary/Administrative AssistantPosition SummaryThe Secretary is
responsible for handling all assignments as requested that are
related to the legal handling of the file which can include
transcribing of dictation. Workers' Compensation Experience
preferred.Essential Job Functions
- Transcribe and Process dictation.
- Schedule exams, including preparing medical addendums, mileage
check requests, preparing and sending notice to appropriate parties
and confirming attendance at exam.
- Prepare legal documents using Merus and in accordance with WCAB
and EAMS procedures including trial exhibits and any other form or
document required for an appearance.
- Handle Merus tasks assigned and update Merus with new
- Communicate with outside parties on matters related to the file
in order to complete the assignment.
- Prepare, submit and maintain client and firm reports as
- Handle all tasks related to the file as requested including
subpoenaing of records, file closures, substitution of attorneys
and in-house forms.
- Special assignments as requested by the Office SupervisorOther
Job FunctionsComplete assignments as requested by the Office
Supervisor.Skills, Knowledge and Abilities RequiredDetail oriented,
professional demeanor and phone etiquette. Possess the ability to
multi-task, advanced problem solving skills, clear and concise
communication skills, ability to follow direction and carry out
instructions within company guidelines, one year of experience in
Workers' Compensation handling tasks as outlined in the Essential
Job Functions category above.Working Environment &
ConditionsFrequently required to sit for extended periods of time
up to four (4) hours; must occasionally lift and/or move items
weighing up to 20 pounds.Will Be Evaluated On
- Ability to successfully perform job duties in a timely manner
and cost-effective basis
- Accuracy and quality of work
- Ability to work effectively with employees, Office Supervisor
and Firm management
- Compliance with Firm policies and procedures
- Punctuality and attendanceJob ClassificationThis is a
non-exempt full time position.Limitations and DisclaimerThe above
job description is meant to describe the general nature and level
of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other
job related instructions and to perform other job related duties as
requested by their supervisor.
Keywords: Goldman, Magdalin & Krikes, LLP, San Diego , Secretary/Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!