Business Office Director
Company: Atria Careers
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 18, 2023
OverviewWhat's the difference between a job and a meaningful,
rewarding career? The people you serve. When you work at Atria, you
have a front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest
people on earth. What's more, you are part of an extraordinary
company - one that's investing in the future of senior living by
investing in you. Don't just do a job. Be part of an extraordinary
life.Atria is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing
equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age,
national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status,
or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria will
not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on any of these
protected classifications.The wage range for this position is
$64,480/year to $71,457/year, dependent on prior work history and
experience.ResponsibilitiesThe Community Business Director (CBD) is
responsible for managing and supervising the business office
functions at the community. This position serves as the community's
primary resource for handling and managing questions/inquiries from
residents and their families as well as from our own employees
related to, among other things, cash receipts, billing, vendor
payments, expenses, payroll and benefits. The CBD also coordinates
and assists with maintaining accurate employee payroll and benefits
data and is expected to be able to explain and instruct employees
regarding benefit options.
- Maintains and oversees specific processes for the collection
and maintenance of resident data, which includes resident statement
accuracy, review of resident agings, confirming level of care to
billing accuracy, and resident demographic information.
- Responsibly manages and supervises all front desk/clerical
personnel including scheduling, assignment, direction, performance
review (including input on pay adjustments), hiring and discipline
consistent with company policy.
- Assists the Executive Director with managing the community's
operation by utilizing independent judgment and discretion to
review and advise on billing issues, expenditures and budgetary
matters for the community.
- Manages and directs all accounts receivable, to include pursuit
and follow-up of unpaid balances.
- Ensures correct coding of the community's accounts payable and
accrues expenses as needed.
- Directs collection of on-site employee data related to, among
other things, demographics, payroll, employee benefits and employee
leave administration. Ensures employee files are maintained in
accordance with Atria's policies and procedures as well as federal,
state, and local regulations.
- Primary community responsibility for assistance with month-end
close process. This would include, among other things, accrual
preparation and analysis of general ledger/monthly operating
statements. Works with Executive Director to fully understand
operating results and trends.
- Diligently works toward the completion of special projects,
request, and assignments as appropriate.
- Serves as the community's "manager-on-duty" on a regular
- Assists in sales process by conducting inquiry tours as
- May drive company vehicle from community to social and other
various destinations (only if required by community).
- May perform other duties as needed and/or
- Associate or bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance
or a related field and two (2) years of experience with business
office functions; or an equivalent combination of education and
- Three (3) to five (5) years in business office management,
finance or accounting preferred.
- Working knowledge of general accounting, billing and
collections and expense management practices.
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
- Able to clearly present information through the spoken word.
Can accurately communicate, providing the necessary level of detail
even under stressful or demanding conditions. Ensures a positive
attitude and team orientation is exhibited in verbal and non-verbal
- Past history of solid performance management skills, including
the ability to communicate performance expectations, document
performance conversations, coach and document performance issues
and complete performance management expectations as guided by the
- Able to perform budget analysis and variance reporting.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office and ability to operate
standard office equipment.
Keywords: Atria Careers, San Diego , Business Office Director, Administration, Clerical , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!