Business Operations Coordinator, EVC Office
Company: University of California San Diego
Location: La Jolla
Posted on: October 12, 2018
UC San Diego
Business Operations Coordinator, EVC Office
Salary Range: $47,147 - $55,000/year
Academic Affairs is the largest of the vice chancellor areas at UC San Diego. Led by the Executive Vice Chancellor (EVC), it is comprised of seven academic divisions and schools, six undergraduate colleges, the University Libraries and University Extension. The vice chancellor area also includes academic support units, as well as the units under the purview of the Vice Chancellors of Student Affairs and Equity, Diversity & Inclusion. Academic Affairs annually manages expenditures in excess of $750M, 2.7M ASF of space and employs over 13,500 academic, staff and research employees. The Office of the EVC is responsible for policy and procedure communication and implementation, resource administration, training and guidance, and program development for administrators, faculty, and staff within the EVC areas.
The EVC Office Business Operations Coordinator is primarily responsible for administering the day-to-day operations of the Executive Vice Chancellor's immediate office and ensuring the orderly functioning of the unit. The incumbent serves as the receptionist for a fast-paced executive office, communicating diplomatically with diverse campus and community stakeholders. In this role, the Business Operations Coordinator uses sound judgment, tact and professionalism in the disposition of sensitive and confidential matters on behalf of the EVC Office.
The Business Operations Coordinator administers the day-to-day financial operations for the EVC's immediate office including recharges, payment authorizations, purchase orders, express card purchases, travel and entertainment. Reconciles problems associated with day-to-day financial matters, and recommends and implements changes and solutions. Responsibilities include coordination of meeting arrangements and travel for the EVC Office senior staff, and reconciliation of the EVC's travel.
The incumbent provides general administrative and operational support to the EVC Office, including but not limited to oversight and work direction to student administrative assistants, scheduling and coordination of events and meetings, oversight for facilities maintenance, supply inventory and vendor relations, and content management of EVC Office web pages, databases and distribution lists. Responsibilities also include the scheduling and maintenance of a shared administrative complex conference room used heavily by the Offices of the Chancellor, EVC and senior campus leadership. The Business Operations Coordinator additionally serves as the EVC Office's Emergency Operations Officer, and assists with projects of a highly confidential and sensitive nature as needed.
This position is designated "Confidential" within the meaning of the Higher Education Employer-Employee Relations Act.
• Regular work schedule is 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday - Friday. Occasional overtime and weekend special events such as Triton Days, Convocation and Commencement may be required.
• Please submit a cover letter for a complete application.
• Strong demonstrated experience with providing full range of high-level independent administrative support combined with proven skill to coordinate complex activities and use independent judgment to organize and prioritize office functions.
• Requires good verbal and written communication skills, active listening, critical thinking, multi-tasking and time management skills. Demonstrated maturity, diplomacy, tact, and flexibility. Proven ability to interact and to communicate effectively and professionally both in person and via phone. Political acumen and sensitivities to the differing perspectives and political circumstances within all levels of the organization and external constituencies.
• Experience participating in, contributing to, and following through on completion of projects. Experience with administrative leadership, and organizing and facilitating project meetings.
• Thorough knowledge of administrative procedures and processes including word processing, spreadsheet and database applications. Demonstrated strong computer skills including proficiency with MS Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, Adobe Acrobat, calendaring, and web-based applications. Demonstrated typing/word processing skills to prepare correspondence, reports, and spreadsheets.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, organize, and execute events and meetings with close attention to detail, including demonstrated skill in working with vendors, venues, and services. Experience managing logistical details of assigned meetings and events from inception to completion. Ability to coordinate assembly of materials related to protocol visits, special events, meetings, conferences, workshops and other activities as needed.
• Demonstrated experience and proven ability to handle a complex calendaring system.
• Strong service orientation.
• Job offer is contingent upon satisfactory clearance based on Background Check results.
• Duties may require direct contact and/or supervision of children (defined as individuals under the age of 18); completion of the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA) form will be required.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
Keywords: University of California San Diego, San Diego , Business Operations Coordinator, EVC Office, Administration, Clerical , La Jolla, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!