Visiting Professor for Web Graphic Design in San Diego
Company: DeVry University
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Visiting Professor for Web Graphic Design in San Diego Friday,
October 27, 2023 DeVry University strives to close our society's
opportunity gap by preparing learners to thrive in careers shaped
by continuous technological change. Through innovative programs,
relevant partnerships, and exceptional care, we empower students to
meaningfully improve their lives, communities, and workplaces.
When you apply for a DeVry University career, you become part of an
institution that dates back to 1931. Our colleagues are passionate
about higher education and shaping the future of today's
DeVry University focuses on developing long-term relationships with
superior instructors who have high professional standards,
excellent communication skills, enthusiasm and a commitment to
providing the finest practitioner-focused education. We are seeking
primarily Industry Professionals to share their knowledge and
experience with undergraduate and graduate students in a variety of
- Courses meet once or twice a week for eight weeks.
- Face-to-face interaction is blended with technology (such as
online discussions and online assignments) for an enhanced learning
- Commitment is on a course by course basis. Responsibilities:
- Develops and provides students with an approved DeVry
University syllabus that follows a template established by the
local campus, and which includes the terminal course
- Organizes, prepares, and regularly revises and update all
- Uses appropriate technological options for online technologies
and course-related software, including Websites, e-mail, and online
discussions for preparing the course and making it accessible to
- Models effective oral and written communications that engage
the students, provide clarity, and improve student learning.
- Sets clear expectations for the course by publishing course
terminal objectives, assignment/examinations dates, and weight the
distribution of various evaluation categories.
- Ensures that the content and level of material included on
exams correspond to the course terminal objectives.
- Demonstrates consistency and fairness in the preparation and
grading of exams, and provide timely feedback to students.
- Completes other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A master's degree is required for all faculty positions (with
18 graduate hours in the subject being taught for undergraduate
- Additional requirements driven by state licensing or
accreditation considerations may apply.
- Faculty must have requisite subject matter expertise and
outstanding communication skills.
- Faculty must also have excellent motivational and instructional
skills in a diverse and non-traditional environment.
- Must be able to work in a collegial manner and facilitate the
efforts of diverse groups. DeVry University offers competitive
wages and benefit options, including:
- 401(k) and Roth Plan w/match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Health Advocacy Service
- Family and Domestic Partner Coverage
- Tax Savings Account (FSA and HSA)
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Life, Accident, AD&D, Critical Illness Insurance
- Fertility Coverage
- Wellness Programs
- Remote and Flex Work Options
- Paid Tuition Program
- Auto/Homeowners, Pet and Legal Insurance
- Exclusive Discount Programs
- Adoption Assistance
- Mental Health Care Programs
- Family Care Services
- 2nd.MD, a virtual expert medical consultation service Benefits
vary based on employment status. Part-time/Visiting Professors
positions may not be eligible for all benefits. We believe
diversity is essential to our educational mission and to the
success of our community. We are committed to fostering a working
environment where differences are respected, valued and
Keywords: DeVry University, San Diego , Visiting Professor for Web Graphic Design in San Diego, Design, Graphic Design & CAD , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!