Company: La Petite --toile 360 - Preschool
Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 15, 2022
La Petite --toile 360 - is seeking a Preschool Teacher (fluent
French speaker preferred) to join our school. This individual will
plan and present age-appropriate activities for children. Our ideal
match must be positive, energetic, and love interacting with
children. Candidate must be able to demonstrate warmth and patience
towards children, parents, and staff; must be extremely reliable,
responsible, and dedicated to the health and safety of children. We
are looking for someone who encourages reading with an interest in
music, drama - Arts and crafts lovers are strongly encouraged to
Responsibilities and DutiesThis candidate must have concepts of
child development; must understand children's behavior throughout
different milestones. Ideal candidates must have extensive
experience in program assessment and development for toddlers and
must have extensive knowledge of DSS Title 22 regulations.
Applicant must be somewhat flexible with his/her schedule (Hours
will range from 30-40+- p/week) and must be able to fulfill the
following duties and responsibilities at a minimum:
- Knowledge and understanding of Reggio Emilia / Montessori
philosophy or Play-Based concepts
- Explicit knowledge of Title 22 State compliance and licensing
- Overall responsibility for the daily operations and
administration of the facility.
- Establish rules for the classroom and follow school policies
- Research & implement activities to meet the physical,
emotional, intellectual & social wellbeing of all children.
- Performs day-to-day activities with children.
- Supervise children at all times - indoor/outdoors.
- Entertain through various activities: art, songs, games, and
- Initiates all duties and responsibilities of a Teacher -
- Assume flexibility to open and close the facility.
- Interpret and implement program policies, rules, and
- Maintain accurate records of children's portfolio and app
- Respond promptly to clients and prospective clients
- Create and deliver lesson plans, implement school curriculum,
and assess development
- Develop daily tasks & activities/plans for children.
- Implements Art and craft activities
- Provide nutritious snacks and lunches
- Monitor and maintain feeding schedule
- Assist in feeding routine: food preparation and food
- Aid and facilitate sleeping routine
- Assist with diaper changing/potty assistance/training
- Clearly and effectively communicate & interact with
- Implement positive and acceptable discipline when required
- Observe children and make note of progress
- Commitment to professionalism
- Promote and adhere to LP--360 - values and philosophy.
- Establish policies and communicate them to staff and
- Establish parent relations/ communications channel
- Discuss children's progress with parents
- Ensure facility, equipment & toys are clean, well maintained,
and safe at all times
- Curriculum supplies and activities organized within the
preschool ordered and up to date.
- Conduct emergency and earthquake preparedness drills.
- Be familiar with emergency care procedures
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel
- Possibly Escort to field trips (Museum/Parks).Qualifications
- Candidates must meet Department of Social Services/State (DSS)
- A fully qualified teacher shall have a minimum of 12-semester
units in Early Childhood Education (ECE) with 6-12 months' work
experience in a daycare center /preschool environment. BA
- ORChild Development Assistant Permit for childcare
- Proof of course completion - sealed transcript from
- CPR / First Aid certifications ANDPreventative Health Cert.:
must obtain from American Red Cross, American Heart Association, or
a certified school); Copy must be submitted, or Proof of
registration is required and completion within 30 days of hire.
Ensure that it is the course that satisfies the CA Childcare
- Fingerprint (LiveScan) for complete criminal background
- TB clearance within 1 year and full Health Screening
- Proof of immunizations: Pertussis, Measles & Influenza,
Keywords: La Petite --toile 360 - Preschool, San Diego , Preschool Teacher, Education / Teaching , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!