Buildings Sector Leader, Education
Company: Stantec Consulting International Ltd.
Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Stantec Jobs - Buildings Sector Leader, Education in San Diego,
City, State, Country, Zip Code Search for Job Title or Keywords
Flexible Working Locations Browse by Location Buildings Sector
Leader, Education - Stantec Jobs Job Information Buildings Sector
Leader, Education San Diego , California Buildings Sector Leader,
Education - ( 230001BJ )DescriptionThe Education sector is a
collaborative, mission-driven community of designers, planners, and
engineers. Crafting beautiful and innovative learning environments
that support student success, wellness, sustainability, and the
resilience of our communities is what drives us.Our established
team focuses on the K-12, higher education, and student housing
markets, and works closely with the science and technology sector.
Together, we strive to be a global leader in designing high
performing educational environments that truly make a
difference.Are you ready for a new challenge leading a top tier
educational design practice? If so, explore the joining our
leadership team as the Sector Leader (SL) for Education. The
successful candidate can knit together our multi-disciplinary,
geographically dispersed team of passionate practitioners around
the shared vision to design high performing educational and
research environments that contribute to student success, inspire
learning and discovery, and ultimately create a better world.Your
OpportunityThe Sector Leader for Education inspires and upholds the
highest ambitions for our practice - to be the world's leading
integrated design firm. The Education SL is responsible and
- Leading the sector's vision, strategic goals, pursuits and
- Partnering across the practice to bring together pursuit and
- Contribute as a Buildings' senior leader enhancing our practice
through core responsibilities for strategic planning, market
development, project execution, financial management, and talent
retention and recruitment. The Sector Leader will advance these
responsibilities through engaging across the practice, its projects
and pursuits, and the industry at large as a brand ambassador.Your
Key ResponsibilitiesBusiness Development & Collaboration:
- Sustain and grow our Education market presence, brand, and
- Develop and execute the sector's vision, strategy and goals, as
well as the annual sector plan and budget for implementation.
- Lead and manage the sector strategic pursuits through the Go /
No-Go process and Top 20 pursuit program.
- Partner with practitioners across the practice to drive
collaboration on pursuits across geographies and disciplines.
- Develop win strategies and successful project execution through
being hands-on in key pursuits, client relationship development and
- Collaborate with market leaders and sub-specialists, BC leaders
and regional and national Sector Leader's to develop and leverage
expertise across our practice.Outreach
- Speak at selected conferences, publish thought-leadership
pieces and maintain active memberships in associations (such as
board posts and committee memberships).
- Contribute to the thought leadership and brand of Stantec, by
sharing our knowledge and innovation stories at key client
engagements, industry events and across our professional
- Partner with the Marketing team to develop sector campaigns for
Stantec brand recognition through presentation/speaking
opportunities, papers, public relations, awards, etc.
- Contribute to and support Stantec client satisfaction/survey
- Solicit and facilitate sharing of industry knowledge.
- Mentor and coach next generation thought leaders.Client &
- Lead and participate in major opportunities that positively
transform our communities and inspire and challenge us as
- Lead delivery of significant project pursuits.
- Achieve utilization target of 25%.
- Achieve client- and proposal-specific marketing and business
development sales goals, including internal cross-selling
initiatives target of 50%.Core Buildings Leadership
- Act as a highly regarded leader, thought partner, and a source
of counsel and advice for the business.
- Identify emerging leaders across the organization for growth
- Assist in the recruitment of emerging and top talent that has a
strong knowledge of innovations and emerging design trends.
- Engage in and support resource management, career development,
engagement, succession planning, coaching, mentoring, and
leadership development across the discipline.
- Take a proactive role in furthering our presence and leading
staff to participate in Professional Symposiums/
Publications/Webinars as well as partner with marketing and public
relations for published articles and white papers to demonstrate
excellence and thought leadership in targeted areas.Financial
- Contribute to the annual business plan and budget, outlining
the vision, focus, and priorities for implementation and setting
specific goals for business and practice performance.
- Assist with developing the annual sector budget allocations,
manage the allocation, and provide budget review.Enhance our
- Steward our community of Education sector practitioners to
drive awareness of technical expertise, client relationships, the
full breadth of education market services.
- Participate on the Buildings Leadership Team and actively
collaborate with the BOUL, BLs, SLs, RBLs, and DLs in the
improvement of project delivery and the strategies that can be
employed to help differentiate us in the market on major
- Position the Stantec Buildings practice platform as a preferred
employer in the markets we work in for the purposes of staff
recruitment and retention.
- Build relationships with other Stantec Business Lines and
Sectors to foster cross-pollination of work and to capitalize on
new business opportunities.
- Advance inclusion and diversity practices to maximize the human
potential in our firm.
- Work with the leads of strategic growth initiatives to support
their initiatives to win more work and evolve the long-term growth
of our business.
- Contribute to Stantec's Safer Together culture, prioritizing
the physical and mental health and safety of our
employees.QualificationsYour Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to lead, inspire and assemble teams with a strong
entrepreneurial and collaborative approach.
- Recent, viable significant Education projects with innovative
- Exceptionally strong understanding of the education sector and
its markets. Ability to read the market for growth opportunity and
stay ahead of competitors.
- Demonstrated design acumen and leadership on significant
projects and pursuits.
- Proven success in developing new clients, maintaining strong
client relationships and delivering long-term value to clients for
- Strong collaborator who can bring together multi-disciplinary,
multi-BC teams on a variety of projects.
- Strong leader, team player, collaborator, and communicator with
excellent people skills.
- Ability to travel to across North America as
necessary.Education and ExperienceA Bachelor's degree and
professional registration in your area of practice, if applicable,
with a minimum of ten years of experience in the education
sector.Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to
build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact
on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
#DesignYourPlacePay transparency laws require employers to provide
the following information for positions that may be in the
following jurisdiction(s):Salary Range(s):202700 - 314300 Benefits
Summary : Full-time and part-time employees have access to medical,
dental, and vision plans, a wellness program, health saving
accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, employee stock
purchase program, life and accidental death & dismemberment
(AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans,
emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional
membership fee coverage and paid family leave. Employees will
receive ten paid holidays in each calendar year. In addition,
employees will be eligible to accrue vacation between 10 and 20
days per year and eligible for paid sick leave (and if more
generous, in accordance with state and local law).Temporary
employees have access to 401(k) plans, employee stock purchase
program, and paid leave, in accordance with state and local
law.Primary Location : United States-Illinois-ChicagoOther
Locations : United States-New York-New York, United
States-Texas-Plano, United States-District Of Columbia-Washington,
United States-Minnesota-Minneapolis, United
States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh, United States-Ohio-Cleveland,
United States-Texas-San Antonio, United States-Virginia-Richmond,
United States-Massachusetts-Boston, United States-Michigan-Berkley,
United States-California-Los Angeles, United
States-Colorado-Denver, United States-California-Irvine, United
States-California-Sacramento, United States-Texas-Austin, United
States-Florida-Miami, United States-Washington-Seattle, United
States-Texas-Houston, United States-California-San Diego, United
States-California-San FranciscoOrganization : BC-2254 Buildings-US
NationalEmployee Status : RegularJob Level : Individual
ContributorTravel : NoSchedule : Full-timeJob Posting : Mar 20,
2023, 12:22:48 PMReq ID: 230001BJStantec provides equal employment
opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future
and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds
of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital
status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We
prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment,
hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job
training, terminations or any other condition of employment.
Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and
regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of
employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans Apply Now
- Share this job
- share to linkedin
- share to twitter
- share to facebook
- share by email FAQ Search & Apply Home Current Search Criteria
- Buildings Sector Leader, Educati...
- San Diego
- Clear All
Keywords: Stantec Consulting International Ltd., San Diego , Buildings Sector Leader, Education, Education / Teaching , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...