ASSOCIATE TEACHER (EARLY HEAD START) ***CONTINOUS POSTING***
Company: Neighborhood House Association
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 15, 2018
Basic Job Assignment:
Under the supervision of the Site Supervisor, and when appropriate, under the guidance of a master teacher and/or teacher, assists in the instruction of preschool children. Adheres to the core values of the Agency; NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct for Early Childhood Practitioners and Professional Practice; Head Start Performance Standards; and required Head Start competencies.
Age Range: 18 months - 3 years
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, independent worker who possesses a solid understanding of appropriate child development theories and practices; has the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with staff, managers, clients/ participants, and individuals of varying levels outside of the organization; has the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of Association management, employees, parents, and others encountered in the course of work; has the demonstrated ability and skills to create and maintain a safe learning environment for children and others; is willing to work effectively with parents, families, and childcare providers and be sensitive to the needs of culturally and ethnically diverse groups; has the demonstrated skills and ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public; is well organized and is able to plan and prepare in a thorough fashion; and has demonstrated experience working with culturally and ethnically diverse, low income or no income clients and unique populations.
Example of Major Functions:
- Assist in developing weekly lesson plans which integrate activities that are developmentally appropriate for infants and toddler children, reflect an integrated Early Head Start curriculum and philosophy, and comply with the Performance Standards;
- Recruits families for the Program as required by Performance Standards;
- Assist in developing and maintaining a safe and pleasing environment for the children which facilitates their ability to grow physically, socially, emotionally, and intellectually;
- Assist in screening each child using appropriate assessment tools, and apply the requisite knowledge and skills in translating those assessments into appropriate lesson plans to meet the needs of each child;
- Assist in developing Individual Education Plans for children with special needs;
- Assist in preparing monthly reports on attendance, excused absences, daily sign in/out sheets, in-kind, CACFP meal count, fluoride tracking, health and safety checklist, etc.
- Complete forms such as writing anecdotal notes/observations, Home Visit, Parent/Teacher Conference, Classroom Meeting, training reports and agendas, Ouch Reports, Parent Engagement Permission Slips, and milestones.
- Assist in ensuring that daily hygiene needs are met by modeling such routines as tooth brushing, hand washing, use of the bathroom, and meal times;
- Assist in ensuring the safety of the classroom as well as the outdoor playground;
Provide emotional support and encourage high self-esteem in the children;
Qualifications for Early Head Start:
- A minimum of twelve (12) units of Early Childhood Education/Child Development with at least six (6) semester units related to the care of Infants/ Toddlers required and an unofficial copy of transcripts must be attached to the employment application and/ or resume; AND
- Associate Teacher Permit required and a copy of the permit must be attached to the employment application and/ or resume;
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education/ Child Development preferred;
- A minimum of six (6) months experience in a licensed Infant/ Toddler care center;
- Current Certification in CPR/ Pediatric First Aid or the ability to obtain within the first 90 days of employment required;
- Must meet and maintain state law and county licensing requirements regarding employment in a child care center including fingerprints, TB, and physical examination as well as provide proof of immunity to measles and pertussis, and must obtain an influenza vaccination, or provide a medical exemption;
The following locations have current vacancies as of January 23, 2018:
- Balboa Lutheran (7250 Eckstrom Ave. San Diego, CA 92111)
- STEM (808 W. Cedar St. San Diego, CA 92101)
- Loma Portal (2905 Cadiz St. San Diego, CA 92110)
- North Park (2717 University Ave. San Diego, CA 92104)
- Lindsay (3295 Meade Ave. San Diego, CA 92116) *This vacancy is a Floater position and may travel to multiple locations.*
Job Status: Full Time
Date Posted: 1/25/2018
Pay Rate: $13.02 to $14.37/hour
Recruiter and Available Location Information
5660 Copley Drive, San Diego, CA 92111
Keywords: Neighborhood House Association, San Diego, ASSOCIATE TEACHER (EARLY HEAD START) ***CONTINOUS POSTING***, Education / Teaching, San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!