Sustaining Process Engineer 2, Oligo Manufacturing
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 14, 2020
We are looking for a driven, talented Process Engineer
(Sustaining) to join our growing Manufacturing Technical Operations
(MTO) group. The MTO group works as an integral part of our
Consumables Manufacturing process and is tasked with increasing
quality and yield within our high-volume production
We are growing at a rapid rate and hiring engineers to support our
Oligo Synthesis and Micro Array Mfg areas. These individuals will
provide technical leadership to new product introduction,
production process development, improvement and sustaining efforts.
Additionally, these teams will partner cross-functionally with R &
D, Quality, Production and other engineering groups to develop
processes for new products and sustain and improve processes for
- Participate in process development, sustaining efforts,
definition and improvement, and other activities in the making of
consumable products or support of processes/equipment used in
Oligonucleotide Mfg. areas.
- Troubleshoot process issues related to yield, quality and
- Construct and execute controlled experiments (including DOE's)
to optimize processes, address yield and quality issues and drive
implementation of solutions into a production environment to meet
- Analyze process test results, issue reports and make technical
- Work cross functionally with R&D, Manufacturing and Quality
to develop processes for new products and improve processes of
- Represent Operations needs on development teams.
- Define technical requirements and write procedures for
Production to process product.
- Work on teams to develop and transfer new processes/products to
production and enhance their robustness.
- Work experience in the biotech, pharmaceutical or semiconductor
industries is desirable.
- Experience in synthetic chemistry or oligonucleotide synthesis
- Experience working in an ISO13485 or FDA certified environment
is a plus.
- Experience in high-volume production in a high-tech
consumables' industry is a plus.
- Experience in production support and/or process development is
- Experience with statistics, Statistical Process Control and DOE
techniques is required.
- High level problem-solving, troubleshooting and reasoning
skills are required.
- Experience with product development processes and project
management skills are a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals while working across
departments is desirable.
- High level computer skills are required. Intermediate level
programming knowledge is a plus.
- Good interdepartmental communication skills and documentation
skills are required.
- B.S./M.S./ PhD in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical
Engineering, Bioengineering, Biotechnical Engineering,
Bioinformatics or MS/PhD in Materials Science or Physical
Chemistry, with 1-4+ years of relevant experience in production
support/sustaining and/or process definition and development,
design, scale-up, improvement and validation.
- Recent or near-term college graduates are encouraged to
At Illumina, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace
by cultivating an environment in which everyone contributes to our
mission. Built on a strong foundation, Illumina has always been
rooted in openness, collaboration, and seeking alternative views
and perspectives to propel innovation in genomics. We are proud to
confirm a zero-net gap in pay, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or
race. We also have several Employee Resource Groups (ERG) that
deliver career development experiences, increase cultural
awareness, and demonstrate our collective commitment to diversity
and inclusion in the communities we live and work. We are proud to
be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment
opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender,
religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national
origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical
condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran
status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require
accommodation to complete the application or interview process,
please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit:
Keywords: Illumina, San Diego , Sustaining Process Engineer 2, Oligo Manufacturing, Engineering , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!