Field Engineer - Utilities
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 15, 2020
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to
public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five
business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure,
Utility Services, Program Management, and Environmental. With
offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design,
build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the
communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers,
environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role
in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are
looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused
on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
The Field Engineer will perform engineering duties needed to check
for and help to resolve conflicts in improvement plans. Qualified
engineers will have at least five years of experience in field
engineering or other field-related utility work, and at least one
year of experience locating underground utilities.
* Performs improvement plan check and facility/asset map as-built
review, including grading, demolition, landscaping, structural
water, sewer, storm drain, street alignment, resurfacing, utility,
* Interpretation of utility (sewer, water, storm drain,
communications, gas, electric) facility maps.
* Performs field assessments to determine conflicts or potential
conflicts with public and private utilities of gas and electric
facilities and improvements, which include locating above- and
below-ground utilities/facilities and staking/potholing proposed
alignments, and scaling in field findings on to paper and/or
* Identifies and marks out gas and electric facilities on
improvement plan sets and produce conflict check summary reports
based on plan review and field findings.
* Maintains project records, packages according to contract
requirements, and facilitates turnover to client s
* Identifies realignment/redesign options for conflict resolutions
to benefit client and larger project whenever possible.
* Produces potholing and other exhibits as needed.
* Coordinates and schedules field technicians, surveyors, and sub
* Field check proposed designs for accuracy and/or field for
* Ensure project engineering activities comply with company and
contract requirements and support overall construction
* Provide technical support for construction, including
participation in construction planning, execution, quality control,
and completion of the work.
* Interface with on-site construction crews as required ensuring
safety is maintained, quality of construction, adherence to overall
project schedule, and tracking productivity goals.
* In depth understanding and experience with utility plans.
* Participates in, and performs safety audits; in addition to
ensuring housekeeping, storage, and work practices are adhered to.
Maintains all necessary records.
* Supports the project manager in achieving financial results.
* This positions requires field work that may include frequent
walking and carrying of equipment.
* Must be able to visually interpret complex drawings.
* Additional duties may be assigned.
* Valid CA driver s license.
* 5+ years of experience in Field Engineering in field-related
utility work. Gas and Electric utilities desirable.
* Additional construction experience may be substituted for
* Construction plan interpretation and utility construction
* At least one year of experience in locating subsurface utilities
* Strong skills in MS Office, Bluebeam, and relevant cloud-based
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Experience with scheduling software such as Microsoft Project and
* Bachelor s degree in engineering.
* Experience in gas or electric infrastructure.
* Construction management experience.
* Experience with design software such as CAD and Micro
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and
professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or
status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local
laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location
in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all
terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Keywords: NV5, San Diego , Field Engineer - Utilities, Engineering , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!