Information Assurance/Security Engineer
Location: San Diego
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Business Group Highlights
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission
to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to
improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems
engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management
Join our team in San Diego!
Perspecta is seeking an experienced Information Systems Security
Engineer to support the Information Assurance Team on the
Development, Integration, and Certification Environment (DICE)
program, part of the Navy's Enterprise Engineering and
Certification (E2C) in support of capturing and refining
information protection requirements and ensuring their integration
into IT acquisition processes through purposeful security design or
The ISSE is responsible for the development and submission of the
RMF package and all of its contexts for systems and programs in the
developmental and acquisition process. The ISSE works with system
architects, engineers, and developers to ensure that IACs are
designed and implemented into a system throughout the development
process. The ISSE furnishes IA expertise and should be involved
throughout the A&A process and the life cycle of the
* Acting as an Initial System Owner (ISO) or Information Security
Systems Engineer (ISSE) for eMASS packages.
* Gathering data on the system/site that will be certified and
accredited, and putting together the plan that will be used to
* Registering the site/systems in eMASS and determining the Mission
Assurance Category (MAC) and Confidential Level (CL) of the
* Performing STIG compliance checks, conducting DISA ACAS scans and
building a Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M).
* Assembling a complete RMF package that includes a Test Plan,
Hardware List, Software List, Ports & Protocols List, Diagrams,
Scans/Checklists, POA&M, Signature Pages, etc---
* Technical analysis of the complete list of IA Controls (IAC)s.
Documenting the justification for those IACs that are not
applicable, and identifying the IACs that are either inherited or
inheritable. Leading to a finalized list of applicable IACs.
* Working with a Navy Validator to complete an eMASS package and
submit it for review by the Echelon II, Navy CA and NAO.
* Inspection of eMASS records to verify that the correct IA control
set is being utilized, key system attributes are set and all eMASS
fields are filled out appropriately.
* Comprehensive review of all RMF artifacts contained within the
package to include Test Plan, Hardware List, Software List, Ports &
Protocols List, Diagrams, Scans/Checklists, POA&M, Signature
Pages, supporting documentation, etc---
* Participate in collaboration meetings with the NAVY CA and the
* Managing the SSC LANT port exception process by coordinating ACAS
scans, POA&M generation and port exception submission to the
SSC LANT network security team.
* Managing the RDT&E/SWAN port exception process by attending
S-TCCB meetings, gathering technical/accreditation documentation,
submitting request via S/NETREG and coordinating with SWAN.
* Documenting and tracking the accreditation status for DICE test
events, associated Cross Domain Solution (CDS) devices and IA
* Researching systems, applications and networks within DITPR-DON,
DADMS and CMPro
* Maintaining C&A packages in eMASS.
* Contingency Plan (CP) maintenance.
* Working in teams
* Technical writing
* Microsoft products including Windows, Office, Visio, and
* Registering systems, applications and networks within DITPR-DON
* Putting together ATO/IATT C&A packages.
* Conducting security test and evaluations (ST&Es) of systems
* Composing technical mitigations to vulnerabilities.
* Registering/researching systems, applications and networks within
DITPR-DON or DADMS.
* Operating Systems employed by C4I systems
* Networking Technologies
* Encryption Techniques
* Information Assurance
* Contingency Planning
* Project Management
* FISMA Reporting
Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta,
everything we do, from conducting innovative research to
cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring
that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad
array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from
investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex
challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than
48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just
that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer -
Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not
otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the
disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b)
in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action,
including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c)
consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
Keywords: Perspecta, San Diego , Information Assurance/Security Engineer, Engineering , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!