Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Job ID: 212550 Location: SAN DIEGO , CA , US Date Posted:
2021-02-18Category: Information TechnologySubcategory: Network
EngineerSchedule: Full-timeShift: Day JobTravel: Yes, 10 % of the
TimeMinimum Clearance Required: SecretClearance Level Must Be Able
to Obtain: NonePotential for Remote Work: No Description JOB
DESCRIPTION: SAIC is looking for a Network Engineer to support
system and component level development on a Navy system contract in
San Diego, CA. This is an ideal position for someone with
Information System/Sys Admin experience background who has
maintained and troubleshoot shipboard network or industry devices.
The ideal candidate will provide IT security, and will assist with
migrating the systems from a legacy environment to a modern network
- Navy, DOD, or Industry computer knowledge: routers, firewalls,
switches, collecting and maintaining network characteristics with
interfacing systems to include: Float Networks
- Handle collection, manipulation and distribution of data for
various applications and requirements.
- Work with Lead Engineers to detect and resolve system,
component or design issues. Create, edit and track trouble tickets
and produce weekly productivity reports.
- Configure, troubleshoot and maintain networked and standalone
- Install and remove software that may require the advanced
configuration of network devices and applications.
- Administer Cisco Firewall and maintain the firewall and other
security mechanisms to ensure circuits and the system is
- Provide engineering support and administration of multiprotocol
routers, multilayer switches, network security devices, and network
- Collect and maintain network characteristics (IP addresses,
- Analyze and maintain a secure network architecture including
physical and virtual environments.
- Assist with documentation including Ship Specific Configuration
(SSC) for computer devices (Windows 10 Workstation).
- Perform operational support and development for network system
environments and provide product recommendations for security
technologies. Qualifications EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Be able to
obtain a Secret Clearance. Bachelors and five (5) years or more
experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and
0 years related experience. Active Secret Clearance
- 4 additional years of experience coupled with current
certifications will be considered in lieu of degree
- Microsoft- Cisco Firepower - COMPTIA Security+ certification
-Operating System specific certifications (e.g. Windows/Linux)
- System Administrator experience (3+ years) on medium-sized
network using current technologies
- Knowledge of Windows Desktop and Server OS, e.g., Server 2012,
Windows 7, Windows 10
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's
modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across
defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end
solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate
the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem
to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500
strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by
opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual
revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or
Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity
Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion,
sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin,
disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse,
inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
Keywords: SAIC, San Diego , Network Engineer, Engineering , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!