Staff Engineer - Team Leader
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 23, 2021
We are looking for driven and talented Process Engineers to join
our growing Substrate Manufacturing Technical Operations (MTO)
team. The MTO group works as an integral part of our Consumables
Manufacturing process and is tasked with increasing quality and
yield within our high-volume production environments. This Staff
Engineer - Team Leader position will provide technical and
operations leadership to new product introduction, production
process development, improvement, sustaining efforts and product
transfers. Additionally, this person will partner
cross-functionally with R & D, Quality, Production and other
engineering groups to develop processes for new products, as well
as sustain and improve processes for existing on-market products.
- Develop and manage continuous improvement projects within the
Flow Cell manufacturing process.
- Troubleshoot production line issues related to equipment,
process, yield, quality, and throughput.
- Work on cross functional teams to design, develop and transfer
new processes/products to production and enhance their
- Analyze test results, issue reports, and make technical
recommendations for process changes and improvements.
- Lead teams in implementing both major and minor process
- Design, develop, test, and implement changes to increase
throughput and yield, and/or reduce costs.
- Work cross-functionally with R&D, Quality, Manufacturing,
Validation, and other engineering groups to sustain, refine, and
improve processes for our current production process.
- Define technical requirements and write procedures.
- Define and drive execution of validation plans and
- Coordinate cross site alignment.
- Mentors peers and supports engineers on technical skills.
- Motivate, mentor, coach, and facilitate direct reports in
carrying out their responsibilities on various project teams and
provide for career growth both technically and managerially.
- Manage team priorities, workload and staffing schedule.
- Work experience in high volume medical device, biotech, or
semiconductor industries is highly desired.
- Experience with chemical processes (preferably organic)
- High level problem-solving and reasoning skills required.
- Ability to evaluate and test new automation
- Prior lead/supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience applying statistics, Statistical Process Control,
and DOE techniques is required.
- Experience with Critical/Key Parameter Management is a
- High level computer skills are required. Intermediate level
programming knowledge is strongly desired. Experience with large
data sets a plus.
- Knowledge of next generation sequencing desirable.
- Experience working as a member of a process/product development
team, developing high-reliable solutions according to
specifications and timelines.
- Experience working in an ISO13485 or FDA certified environment
- Detail-oriented, highly organized and ability to multi-task are
- Good interdepartmental communication skills and documentation
skills are required. Education:
B.S./M.S. in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering,
Bioengineering, Materials Science and Engineering, or Manufacturing
Engineering, with 8 years of relevant experience in a production
support and/or process development, design, or scale-up role. At
Illumina, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by
cultivating an environment in which everyone contributes to our
mission. Built on a strong foundation, Illumina has always been
rooted in openness, collaboration, and seeking alternative views
and perspectives to propel innovation in genomics. We are proud to
confirm a zero-net gap in pay, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or
race. We also have several Employee Resource Groups (ERG) that
deliver career development experiences, increase cultural
awareness, and demonstrate our collective commitment to diversity
and inclusion in the communities we live and work. We are proud to
be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment
opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender,
religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national
origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical
condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran
status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require
accommodation to complete the application or interview process,
please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit:
Full time 23498-JOB About Us Do you want to make a difference?
Illumina's mission is to improve human health by unlocking the
power of the genome. If that inspires you, let's talk. We've built
a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and
established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and
array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change
lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology,
reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life
at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply
passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the
power to improve lives. We're an established company with a track
record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and
presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our
growth isn't just in financials, we've been busy hiring the best
and the brightest. Perhaps that's why MIT has ranked Illumina near
the top of its World's Smartest Companies each of the last three
years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven
environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a
lifetime. Join Illumina.
Keywords: Illumina, San Diego , Staff Engineer - Team Leader, Engineering , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!