Electrical Design Engineer
Company: Electric Power Systems
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Sr. Substation Design and Line Engineer
Electrical Engineer IVThis is a protection & control, technical
lead position.The ideal candidate is an Engineer IV with a PE and
has a strong understanding of Protection & Control and Physical
What to expect in this role:---Many different types of electrical
substation design projects for different customers---You will have
the ability to build your own team---You will manage clients and
your own projects---Flexibility in your workweek (This is a lead
position, so oversight is important)---Locations: San Diego, Los
Angeles, CA, St. Louis, MO, and Brunswick, ME
If you or someone you know is interested in growing a P&C
design team, please send me your contact information.
Electric Power Systems is an Independent Electrical Testing &
Engineering Organization. We specialize in engineering & design,
commissioning, start-up, and maintenance testing for utility,
industrial, transit, data centers, and commercial facilities. At
Electric Power Systems, we are committed to promoting a culture of
safety within our organization and alongside all of our clients.
Our dedication to providing safe and reliable services has made us
a trusted industry leader since 1977.
Job Purpose: Leads design teams on large projects, meeting customer
objectives and timelines. The candidate will perform project
management, conceptual and detail design services for physical,
protection & control, and SCADA for new or existing substation
- Deep knowledge and ability to apply engineering and scientific
methods and tools
- Perform complex calculations to support project objectives
- Knows commonly applied standards without having to look up
- Able to research and interpret standards and regulations
- Develop wiring diagrams from schematics and vendor
- Develop equipment and project specifications
- Strong understanding of controls and develops control
- Review and comment on relay one-lines regarding protection
- Develops operation and relay one-lines based on project
objectives from a blank sheet
- Develop control schemes based on customer requirements
- Prioritizes workload to meet customer and management
- Perform independent field investigation for complex
- Subject matter expert on at least one topic
- Develops personal/team schedules to meet customer and company
- Assigns project team members tasks to meet project
- Coordinates with multiple teams, customers, and vendors to meet
- Mentor less experienced engineers, designers, and
- Support sales team with complex quotes
- Provides construction support and customer guidance
- Create/revise engineering standards
- May perform managerial duties of an office
- Perform EOR duties
- PE registration is required.
- Experience in substation relay protection, metering, control,
and SCADA applications.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with applicable industry
codes and standards.
- Design and engineering for HV and EHV electrical substation
projects (for higher-level classifications).
- Project management experience required. PMP certification is
- Bachelor's Degree or Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering
from an accredited University.
- Overtime as required to meet assigned deadlines.
- 25% travel will be required in the first year.
EPS in an equal opportunity employer. Our organization does not
discriminate based on race, creed, color, veteran status, sex,
religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability,
genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an E-Verify, Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace.
Keywords: Electric Power Systems, San Diego , Electrical Design Engineer, Engineering , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!