Cellular Field Design Engineer
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 15, 2022
SummaryPosted: Oct 26, 2021Weekly Hours: 40Role
Number:200303181At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming
products, services, and customer experiences very quickly! Do you
want to impact millions of users by developing an extra-ordinary
product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and
performance of the product? We are the Apple Field Design
Engineering team, and we are seeking a highly motivated and
technical individual to work on testing unreleased apple products.
You will be responsible for evaluating the latest iPhone, iPad and
Apple Watch hardware systems, in the field, from early prototype to
final products, on different network and wireless technologies,
including performance metrics creation/evolution, post processing
and analysis of device logs from the field. Come join our team and
become part of a hands-on team that fosters engineering excellence,
creativity and innovation. We are a team of multifaceted,
encouraging people and innovative technologies are the norm here.
Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling
what you could accomplish, imagine what you could do here!Key
- You have a minimum 0-3 years hands-on experience with end to
end testing of cellular technologies that includes test plan
preparation, field testing, log analysis & debugging UE
- You have working knowledge in at least one of the wireless
technology 5G NR, LTE/LTE-A, UMTS.
- Deep understanding of cellular protocol stack from LTE PHY/MAC
to higher layers, Call processing.
- Familiarity with RF test equipments i.e. R&S, Spirent,
Agilent/keysight for wireless validation.
- You have experience owning a complete functional area of an
application or product with clear communication across multiple
levels in the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, detailed
oriented, analytical, able to work independently.
- Travel for work up to 50% (domestic and sometimes
internationally)DescriptionWe are looking for someone who will work
with the HW/SW development teams and other cross functional teams
on identifying issues impacting the Cellular performance. You will
perform deep dive analysis into internal logs to understand and
identify root cause of any HW/System issue.Education &
ExperienceBachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Master's
- Hardworking and ambitious, able to take on obstacles in
- Knowledge of Antenna/ RF design is a plus.
- Basic scripting experience (Shell/Perl/Python/Matlab)
Keywords: Apple, San Diego , Cellular Field Design Engineer, Engineering , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!