Research Associate, Protein Engineering
Company: Encodia, Inc.
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Encodia is a rapidly growing platform company that is developing a
new generation of protein analysis tools based on single-molecule
protein sequencing. Our goal is to make protein sequencing easy and
ubiquitous by using a novel reverse-translation technology that
turns peptide sequences into DNA. The DNA can be read by a DNA
sequencer, providing a path to breakthrough proteomics research at
a scale that is not practical or cost-effective using current
Encodia is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate with
previous laboratory experience in protein engineering or protein
biochemistry. The successful candidate will possess a BS or MS
degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related fields with
an emphasis on protein structure and function. Previous experience
with modern cloning techniques, library construction,
high-throughput screening, and protein design is preferred.
- Constructing high diversity mutant libraries, in addition to
standard cloning vectors.
- Screening protein variants using experiments such as phage,
yeast, or mRNA display.
- Preparing NGS samples and analyzing sequencing data.
- Performing independent data analysis and communicating
- Collaborating cross functionally to achieve other essential
- Maintaining a detailed lab notebook.
What you bring to this role:
- BS/MS in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related fields
with relevant work experience in industry or academic labs
- Knowledgeable in general molecular biology laboratory
procedures including PCR/qPCR, cloning, transformations, gel
- Practical knowledge of basic microbiology and aseptic
- Ability to accurately follow protocols, work efficiently, and
generate data with high reproducibility and consistency.
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to interpret,
troubleshoot, and optimize experimental parameters.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively within a
collaborative team environment.
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience conducting in vitro binding assays
- Familiarity with protein structure and molecular visualization
software such as PyMol or similar
- Working knowledge of Python or comparable programming
Encodia requires all on-site employees to be fully vaccinated for
COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination at time of hire. This
requirement extends to candidates for employment in order to
participate in on-site interviews. Any candidate who is unable to
meet the requirement may participate virtually in the interview
process. As required by applicable law, the Company will consider
requests for reasonable accommodations from this vaccine
requirement where they do not cause Encodia undue hardship or pose
a direct threat to the health and safety of others. Please let us
know if you require a vaccination accommodation and a member of our
Human Resources team will contact you.
Encodia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive
and comprehensive employee benefits package including medical,
dental, and vision, LTD, paid vacation, and a stock plan.
We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion
or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other
legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse
teams, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that
cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our
people to unleash their full potential.
Keywords: Encodia, Inc., San Diego , Research Associate, Protein Engineering, Engineering , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!