Cyber Security Engineer II
Company: Epsilon Systems Inc
Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Epsilon C5I () focused on software development and systems
engineering for intelligence and combat systems is seeking a Cyber
Security Engineer to manage IA services for Navy C5I systems with
2+ years' experience for work in San Diego, CA. If you have a
passion for excellence in engineering and enjoy working on
challenging projects in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment,
then this role is for you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) efforts and IAVM
processes across multiple programs.
- Facilitate the development of documentation in support of DoD
RMF accreditations, perform vulnerability management activities,
and oversee the creation and submission of DoD (RMF)
- Provide technical engineering services for the support of
integrated systems and solutions, and utilizing tools and processes
to monitor and report status of information systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Cyber Security related field is
- At least two (2) years of practical experience in Navy Cybe
Security or Engineering. Without a college degree, greater than
five (5) years of experience is required.
- Experience with Information Assurance tools such as DISA
Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS), Xacta,
Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and may be required
to hold an Interim Security Control Assessor
- Must hold an active Security + certification. CISSP
- Must hold an active TS/SCI clearance
- Expertise with transition of DoD Information Assurance
Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) to Risk Management
Framework (RMF) as implemented by the Department of the
- Experience implementing Risk Management processes, specifically
related to Cyber Security
- Working knowledge of the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support
Service (eMASS), Xacta, DoD Information Assurance Vulnerability
Management (IAVM) Process.
- Meets Department of Defense Cyber Security Workforce (CSWF)
requirements for Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level
- Experience in planning, organizing, completing and presenting
assessments of National Security/IA-related concepts, analyses,
studies and procedures.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills resulting in
the ability to achieve consensus in resolving problems in all
phases of acquisition life-cycle with all stakeholders.
- Thorough understanding of DoD Computer Network Defense policy
and requirements, and have cursory familiarity with CND tools and
processes (e.g. network scanners; vulnerability mitigation;
remediation; risk management).
- Working understanding of secure software development and
- Working knowledge of government processes and practices
involved with safeguarding classified information.
- Pursuant to the various government contractual requirements,
all applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
- Regular communication (hearing/speaking).
- Prolonged use of computer (typing/keyboarding).
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time, stand,
walk, and may occasionally lift and move at least 25
- Ability to travel by car, air or other means of transportation,
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. and its subsidiaries are proud to
be Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers,
Keywords: Epsilon Systems Inc, San Diego , Cyber Security Engineer II, Engineering , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!