Senior Big Data Infrastructure Engineer, HD Map
Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionJoin TuSimple and help change the way the world
moves. Together we're making freight transportation safer, more
efficient, and more environmentally friendly.Company OverviewCome
join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose! As a
multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are
at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our
breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current
fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive
much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our
people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who
are leaving behind a historic legacy. TuSimple was founded half a
decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world
together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With
a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and
Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first
global commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform!Job
OverviewHD Map data is the major offline data on a running
autonomous driving vehicle that makes L4 autonomous driving
possible. As a Senior Big Data Infrastructure Engineer on the
TuSimple Maps team, you will develop our critical infrastructure
systems and frameworks for storing large volumes of both structured
and unstructured data, and providing scalable services such as
search, data processing, and analytics. Your work will empower the
whole autonomous driving pipeline, both the algorithm research side
and the engineering development side, with access to a large volume
and variety of map data.Responsibilities
- Develop robust and scalable data management systems for storing
and indexing large volumes of both structured and unstructured
- Develop robust and highly scalable data infrastructure for
- Develop data infrastructure and framework for processing data
at a very large scale.
- Monitoring data performance and modifying infrastructure as
- Define data retention policies.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to
our technology, algorithms and products.
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results
- At least 5+ years of experience in building and launching very
large-scale data infrastructure production systems.
- Expert knowledge in large scale data management systems in both
RDBMS such as Postgres, and NoSQL databases such as Cassandra or
- Structured and full-text indexing and search domain knowledge,
experience with search technology such as Elasticsearch.
- Experience with design, develop, and deploy large-scale
internet services in public cloud such as AWS.
- Experience with big data processing frameworks such as Hadoop
- Experience in monitoring large scale data infrastructure system
performance and troubleshooting incidents, identifying root cause,
and implementing solutions.
- Good communication skills and team player.Perks
- Visa sponsorship is available for this position
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Up to a 30% discretionary bonus.
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- 100% Company paid Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid education/training.
- Company paid gym membership. TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and
personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap,
religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by
applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are
performed without regard to the above listed items.This role could
be located in San Diego, CA/SF Bay Area/Seattle,WA, remote work
friendly during COVID-19.
Keywords: TuSimple, San Diego , Senior Big Data Infrastructure Engineer, HD Map, Engineering , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!