Laser Test Competence Engineer
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 25, 2022
LocationSan Diego - CA, USTeamManufacturingExperience8+
yearsDegreeHigh schoolJob CategoryMechanical engineering
Introduction to the jobASML US brings together the most creative
minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines
that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient
microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these
advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world's leading
chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of
their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful
consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the
Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United
States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San
Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.Role and
responsibilitiesThe Competence Engineer leads the building and
testing of laser sub-system prototypes and validates manufacturing
processes. Sub-system assembly, optical alignment, functional test,
equipment calibration, station setup and process development
support. Recommends changes in design, methods, and procedures to
enhance product quality.
- Uses standardized tools and electronic equipment (i.e., torque
wrenches, electric and pneumatic screwdrivers and ball drivers,
lifting equipment, computers, oscilloscopes) to
assemble/install/remove or perform testing and
- Trains others on areas of test processes and troubleshooting
- Performs a variety of extremely complex technical
service/support duties requiring specialized knowledge (i.e.,
sub-assembly, assembly, build, test, R&D, QA).
- Utilizes functional area databases to run reports and
analyze/trend data; Makes recommendations to management in order to
meet production needs.
- Interfaces with engineers to support special tests and
experiments with detailed instructions.
- Documents and monitors safety or security violations critical
to product quality or operations.
- Uses specialized test equipment such as leak testing, Hi - Pot
and alignment instruments.
- Pressurizes Gas, and Water systems with Helium and troubleshoot
- Reads and understands business documents such as Bill of
Materials, routing sheets, inventory records and work
- Applies labels to panels, modules, and doors to cleanliness and
- Uses cleaning cloths with Acetone, Methanol, and Isopropyl
alcohol to wipe surfaces prior to shipping product.
- Maintains a clean work area, and is responsible for designated
tools (routine maintenance and calibration).
- Installs electrical connectors to modules.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Education and
experienceRequires a High School Diploma or equivalent, Associate's
Degree in technical or scientific field is highly desired.Requires
minimum of eight (8) years of work experience.SkillsWorking at the
cutting edge of tech, you'll always have new challenges and new
problems to solve - and working together is the only way to do
that. You won't work in a silo. Instead, you'll be part of a
creative, dynamic work environment where you'll collaborate with
supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and
unique points of view. You'll have the flexibility and trust to
choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you'll need the following skills:
- Strong ability to read and interpret schematics/drawings.
- Strong understanding of laser systems is required.
- Applies advanced knowledge of Company policies and technical
skills in support of multiple products, services and
- Advanced electrical/ electronic background.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot, identify and correct problems
in complex software-driven electronic systems, (not circuit-board
- Strong familiarity with cleanroom protocol is preferred.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions,
percentages, basic algebra.
- Full to advanced proficiency with a wide variety of tools and
equipment (e.g., oscilloscopes, voltage and current probes,
multi-meters, chart recorders, Mensors, and Helium Sniffers).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires general computer skills and knowledge.
- Experience in using all electronic/pneumatic tools.Diversity &
InclusionASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and
respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is
the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote
persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and
inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.Other
informationThe physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely
is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard,
finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 35
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise
- Must wear assigned Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for
duration of shift.
- Wearing of eye protection in manufacturing areas is
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.This U.S.
position is open to U.S. workers only.A U.S. Worker is someone who
is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent
Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S.
Government.The Company will not sponsor a foreign national for this
position.#LI-MO1EOE AA M/F/Veteran/DisabilityNeed to know more
about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked
Keywords: ASML, San Diego , Laser Test Competence Engineer, Engineering , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!