Senior Network Engineer
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 25, 2022
sites.Candidate will interface with Active Duty personnel and US
Government employees to provide top notch repair support with a
focus on United States Navy related networks. Related systems
include ADNS, ISNS, CANES, CENTRIXS, Legacy SCI, VIXS, WRBS and all
associated installed applications. The position requires travel,
equal to approximately 25%, both US and international along with
some off hours support.Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide break/fix Information Technology support in a fast
paced, high energy environment.
- Analyze issues in an Enterprise LAN Shipboard Environment to
determine the best course of action for resolution.
- Provide root cause analysis and be comfortable recommending
permanent configuration changes when necessary.
- Work in cooperation with external partners, including
consultants, agencies and vendors, to troubleshoot intra-system
issues, and to assist with system integration design
- Provide server break-fix and provide remote support for server,
network, desktop, and peripheral equipment.
- Interface and direct US Navy Customers regarding the proper
approach to maintaining US Navy Afloat networks and the associated
network components supporting data, voice and/or audio
- Attend and participate in technical meetings, report on
technical progress, prepare briefs, and provide presentations.
- Participate in integrated product teams and engineering/design
Qualifications EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience or Masters
and twelve (12) years or more experience. An additional four years
of experience may be applied in lieu of a Bachelors.
- 4+ years' experience in a military network environment directly
related to the proposed area of responsibility.
- Administration experience with Cisco switches and routers OR
- Working knowledge of/Experience with basic networking concepts
- Basic experience in supporting Microsoft Office and Windows OS
in an enterprise environment.
- Familiarity with Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and Database
- Understanding of Databases and knowledge Management tools.
- Knowledge on how to query and tailor reports from a
- Customer Service orientated.
- Familiarity with one of the following systems is a plus: CANES,
ADNS, CENTRIXS, ISNS/ORT, ONE-NET, SCI-Networks, SUB-LAN, VIXS,
WRBS, CND and SCIP-IWF.Required Certification:
- Must have a current CompTIA Security+ certification.
- Must be able to become IAT 2 certified within 6 months of hire
date. IAT 2 certification includes a minimum of one additional
certification (CCNA, MCSA, MCSE, Linux+, VCP, etc.).Required
- Must have an active DOD Secret clearance. Higher clearances
accepted. Ability to obtain a TS/SCI.Nice-to-have Qualifications:
- 1+ years of prior IT Helpdesk related work experience in a
Windows call center environment.
- 1 year of experience with HEAT, TrackIT, Magic, Remedy,
Peregrine, or other Ticketing systems.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $135,000. The estimate displayed
represents the typical salary range for this position based on
experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or
boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed
when work is performed at a customer site.SAIC - is a premier
Fortune 500 - technology integrator driving our nation's technology
transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the
defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure
high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial
intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and
understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate
the best components from our own portfolio and our partner
ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions
that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by
purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on
diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors.
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of
approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit
Keywords: SAIC, San Diego , Senior Network Engineer, Engineering , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!