Cloud Engineer (Remote)
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Company DescriptionAt Xplor, we help businesses thrive by making
life simple for daily activities with a recurring nature. We do
that by offering smart software, payments, and commerce-enabling
solutions across five "everyday life" verticals: Health and
Fitness, Education, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal
Services.We've recently expanded our reach by merging the two
software and payments powerhouses TSG and Clearent. The resulting
company is Xplor Technologies serving over 82,000 businesses that
processed over $27 billion in payments, operating across 158
countries in 2020.Xplor is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with
operations across North America, Australasia, Europe, and the
United Kingdom. We now have over 2,000 Xplorers, working across
five "everyday life" verticals: Education, Health and Fitness,
Boutique Wellness, Field Services, and Personal Services.Job
DescriptionWe are looking for a qualified and experienced Cloud
Engineer who comes from an infrastructure background and has
development skills in line with Infrastructure as Code practices.
You will be responsible for definition (detailed design), built and
maintenance/operation of foundational environments (landing zones)
in public clouds by using Infrastructure as Code practices and
tools. You will also collaborate and work with SREs to help build
specific business application infrastructure on top of the landing
zones environments.Essential Responsibilities
- Detailed design of the landing zone(s) in public clouds
(primary Azure and secondary AWS) and the associated shared
services (e.g. IaC platform, Secrets Platforms, Automation Platform
- Fully automated build, using IaC/Automation platforms, the
landing zones and included capabilities
- Maintain and enhance the landing zone code and its associated
- Assist Cloud Architects in the development of solution/system
architecture and design deliverables.
- Champion technology innovation to deliver business improvements
and benefits to customers.
- Champion and monitor the adoption of IaC practices. Develop and
improve IaC patterns and ensure their adoption.
- Champion a positive cloud platform team reputation, collaborate
and coach engineers/developerQualificationsQualifications
- Core technical competencies, knowledge, and experience:
- Proven work experience with Azure services and AWS services
(nice to have)
- Experience in using Terraform, Vault and Ansible
- Experience with DevOps practices (CI/CD, IaC, Automated
Testing, Observability, etc.).
- Good understanding of Agile ways of working and related
- Good understanding of Governance and Security practices
- Core non-technical competencies, knowledge, and experience:
- Adherence to agile development practices
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced dynamic
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while
- Fast learner and independent worker.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact
on the company's success.
- Clinical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Good time-management skills.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field (2.1
upwards)Additional InformationAll your information will be kept
confidential according to EEO guidelines.Sheryl Sandberg once said,
"If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat!
Just get on." We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on
board?To learn more about us and our products, please visit
www.xplortechnologies.com/us/careers.Xplor is proud to be an Equal
Employment Opportunity employer. We're dedicated to attracting,
retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity,
ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status and age.
Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community. All
Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We promote flexible working wherever we can, so whether you prefer
to be fully remote or in an office, the choice can be yours. We're
committed to replying to each application and look forward to
getting in touch with you soon.
Keywords: Xplor, San Diego , Cloud Engineer (Remote), Engineering , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!