Senior Board Designer & EMC Engineer
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 25, 2022
LocationSan Diego - CA, USDegreeBachelorJob CategoryElectrical
engineering, Other technical job categoriesTravel10%
Introduction to the jobASML brings together the most creative minds
in science, technology and engineering to develop lithography
systems that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more
energy-efficient semiconductor products. We design, develop,
integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable
our customers - the world's leading chipmakers - to reduce the size
and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn
leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. ASML is
headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and has 18 office
locations around the United States. We are currently hiring for
senior level FPGA Design engineering positions for our San Diego,
CA location.If you have a passion for technology and innovation
you'll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of
progress.One Company, One Goal, Limitless Innovation. It's our
people that make the difference.This position requires access to
controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration
Regulations (15 C.F.R. - 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must
be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to
beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with
applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled
technology.Role and responsibilitiesLeads the definition,
specification and validation of highly reliable electronic board
designs for EUV light source. Participates in cross-functional
teams and works with architects and other engineering groups to
conceptualize, design and develop boards into product. Contributes
to roadmap planning, promotes innovation and incorporates relevant
new technologies and methodologies. Provides guidance to the team
with different technologies including SRIO, PCIe, PLC, Ethernet,
photo-detectors, differential signaling, wideband circuits; high
speed embedded computing, VHDL, distributed signal acquisition, and
signal integrity in a noisy environment. Assists management with
schedule and project planning activities.
- Perform as EMC Lead.Responsible for standardizing, heading and
supervising EMC activities.
- Studies key cause of EMC issues and makes recommendations to
design process for product enhancement.
- Design, document and maintain analog and/or digital board
designs, electrical modules and infrastructure.
- Act as the Electronic Development representative, interacting
intensively in a multidisciplinary design team with first time
- Act as a technical leader and be able to manage the outsourcing
of development activities at co-developers.
- Perform trade-off studies to determine the preferred
implementation scenario for new or changed functions. Get agreement
- Make work breakdown and effort estimation for the various
designs, adjusted with other stakeholders.
- Guarantee design quality and compliance by knowledge,
experience utilizing reviews and risk reducing tools.
- Contribute to the roadmap concerning the electronics within the
- Transfer knowledge to production- and service-engineers.
- Contribute to analysis and solution of reliability issues.
- Contribute to planning efforts for the various electronics
- Act as a technical coach for other team members.
- Review system specifications and related hardware design
- Take responsibility for the quality of hardware building
blocks.Education and experience
- Possesses very strong skills acquired through advanced
training, study and experience. Minimum of eight (8) years of
experience is required.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering a plus.
- Requires design experience with relevant technologies.
- Requires Analog and Digital Design circuit design
- Knowledge of FPGA design, high speed protocols and signal
- Strong experience in EMI/EMC testing and compliance.
- Preferred knowledge of PCIe, 10/100/1000BaseT ethernet, SRIO,
SoC, FPGA, PLC, DDR4 and embedded controllers.
- Familiarity with JESD, I2C, SPI, RS-232, RS-422, RS-485,
ethernet and PCIe a must.
- Hands on hardware design experience with analog and digital
design solutions; including specifying design requirements,
detailed design & review, component selection & evaluation,
procurement, design validation, and release.
- Hands on hardware troubleshooting experience with analog and
digital designs at board, module and system level.
- Experience with engineering test equipment - EMC analyzer,
antennas, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, communication bus
analyzers, thermocouples etc.
- Experience with Schematic Capture, Simulation and Design
- Experience with layout guidelines and constraints definition
for high speed electronics.
- Ability to apply knowledge of installation, repair, and
troubleshooting at board, module, and system level.
- Understanding of MTBF, HALT and ALT for developing reliable
- Knowledge on change management and version control tools.
- Ability to write technical specifications, detailed design
documents, test plans, results, status reports, business
correspondence and procedures.
- Knowledge of automation for validation a plus.
- Prior knowledge of working in Agile way of working a
- Strong communicator with pragmatic and first time right
- Team player with a focus on quality.
- Takes ownership, decisive and finds success.
- Strong knowledge, with demonstrated experience, of EMI/EMC
standards, concepts and testing.
- Attention to detail, Quality focused.
- Systematic analytical problem solving skills.
- Thorough documentation traceability from concept, design and
development, test and release for production.
- Demonstrated high level of accountability, responsibility and
- Must be a self-starter, task focused, with a results oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work in a process driven team
- Ability to use structured problem solving to define problems,
collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Broad technical knowledge of cabling and connectivity.Diversity
& InclusionASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and
respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is
the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote
persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and
inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.EOE AA
M/F/Veteran/DisabilityNeed to know more about applying for a job at
ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
Keywords: ASML, San Diego , Senior Board Designer & EMC Engineer, Engineering , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!