Lead Engineer, eCommerce UI - Remote
Company: Conn's HomePlus
Location: San Diego
Posted on: August 7, 2022
You may not know Conn's HomePlus, but you should.
We recently posted our 3 strongest quarters in our 130+ year
history and with our new CEO, Chandra Holt, we have big plans for
growth. We are a specialty retailer of home goods, including
furniture, appliances and consumer electronics, with a mission to
elevate home life to home love . With more than 150 stores across
15 states and online at Conns.com , our over 4,500 employees strive
to help all customers create a home they love through access to
high-quality products, next-day delivery and personalized
Overview: The Lead Engineer, eCommerce - UI will be accountable for
a team's software development process and for leading the
development of UI components and integrating them with BigCommerce
Stencil UI. This role will need to interact with Product Owners,
Scrum Masters, QA, IT, Site Operations, UX, Creative, and retail
teams to ensure to develop features as per business requirements.
This role requires Figma, Zasper prototype and convert to HTML to
integrate with Frontend and experience on eCommerce websites and
3rd party integrations
Key Duties & Responsibilities: The Lead Engineer, eCommerce - UI's
responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Accountable for the team software development process: direct
and motivate the development team; coordinate technical
implementation efforts, ensuring that this fits with strategy,
agreed specifications and guiding principles. Identify and escalate
any skills gaps as necessary.
- Manage team members performance and development, conducting
1-to-1 coaching and career conversations and performance
- Work closely with Product team, business analysts and end users
to define technical stories for eCommerce
- Perform technical and design reviews with other team members to
- Ensure design patterns are documented and enforced within the
- Create UI component, Pages, Widgets as per Figma prototype
- Integrate Java Springboot REST API, Third-party services,
Payment methods with frontend Components
- Create responsive web components using Stencil, HandleBarJS,
- Integrate custom Payment method with customized checkout by
considering PCI and Security compliance standards
- Review code and create a build using Stencil CLI, Terraform
- Maintain and develop UI by following web coding standards,
security and compliance standards
- Create test cases using Selenium / Test Complete
- Follow CI/CD deployment process, BitBucket code review
- Review requirement, participate in technical analysis and
provide best feasible solutions
- Have 10+ years of Software engineering experience
- Full life cycle development experience in bringing up an
ecommerce site from scratch.
- Demonstrated experience in large-scale ecommerce web
- Strong expertise in UI architecture, client-side performance &
instrumentation considerations, cross-browser compatibility, and
- Solid understanding of W3C standards, ES6 standards and web
Express.js, Handlebar.js, React, Redux, Material UI, jQuery,
BoostrapJS, PLSQL, MongoDB, and Mongoose
- Good understanding of eCommerce solutions including package
software / SaaS Platforms like BigCommerce, Magento.
- Demonstrated strong design and UX sensibilities and being able
to create Pixel Perfect UIs.
- Experience with UI design systems
- Experience in effectively advising senior stakeholders on the
technical scope and feasibility of complex product
- Experience in automated testing, including unit and functional
- Understanding of the Agile process and continuous
- Extensive experience with REST APIs and SDKs integration.
Working knowledge on tools such as Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Jira
and Visual Studio IDE
Conn's HomePlus is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Conn's HomePlus, San Diego , Lead Engineer, eCommerce UI - Remote, Engineering , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!