Company: Luxor Technology
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Luxor specializes in the physical delivery of hashrate (compute
power). Over the past four years, we have been acting as a buyer of
hashrate, purchasing and mining over $500mm worth. We currently
have 140,000 machines that sell us their hashrate daily. Company
Background We fundamentally believe that compute power itself is a
commodity and we want to build out traditional marketplaces and
derivates for it. We are building a spot-market for hashrate, not
dissimilar to a compute-power version of Henry Hub. After this is
completed we will begin building incredibly powerful and
interesting derivative products on the value of hashrate. You will
develop the technical design for either cloud or on-premises
solutions. Also, influence designs across R&D using original
research and advanced analysis. You'll design solutions for
business critical and highly complex engineering projects by
applying extensive domain expertise in performance testing. You'll
provide oversight of code and design reviews, and ensure features
are delivered to meet business and quality requirements. Our teams
own mission-critical aspects of a rapidly growing, globally
distributed platform (eg: Hashrate Marketplace and 15 unique mining
pools), in the cloud, and as such, you will have an incredible
amount of impact on the current state and future direction of our
product, with visibility throughout the organization and a
significant opportunity to take ownership. This role will report
directly to the CTO. This is a remote role. The ideal candidate is
based between UTC-8 and UTC-3 timezones. Software Engineer We are
looking for a Software Engineer to join our small, collaborative
and fast-moving team to work on one of the most rewarding projects
in the crypto mining industry. Basic Requirements
- To have broad and deep knowledge, including unique expertise.
Considered a true expert and sought out for technical guidance on a
wide variety of topics.
- Solid knowledge of Database technologies such as SQL, PL/pgSQL,
and relational database schema design.
- To understand architectural principles; expert level in
- Experience developing and tuning highly available server-side
- Bachelor's degree (or its foreign degree equivalent) in
Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or
- Deep understanding of programming and experience with at least
one programming language.
- Golang and Typescript preferred.
- To understand REST APIs and general API design.
- English language proficiency. Preferred Requirements
- 8+ years of software engineering experience.
- Knowledge of blockchain technology/mining pool industry.
- Experience with agile development methodology.
- Experience building highly scalable, distributed systems.
- Experience delivering and owning web-scale data systems in
- Experience working with certificates.
- Knowledge of GCP, Kubernetes, Istio, Helm, Docker, and
- Experience working with remote teams. The Ideal Candidate
- Passionate about cryptocurrency and public-blockchain
- Has an interest in creating an entirely new market with
Hashrate (compute power) as a commodity.
- Has an interest in thinking and evolving the architecture of
our software to make it robust and maintainable.
- Enjoys writing code and pushing boundaries of what has been
done so far.
- Brings fun to the team but can also go down the rabbit hole to
push quality code on schedule.
- Understands architectural principles; expert level in software
- Actively participate during the product design phases,
analyzing requirements, and proposing innovative and alternative
- Collaborate on architecture definitions, always thinking of
solutions that are scalable and secure.
- Develop quality code, with emphasis on correctness of the
- Collaborate in the evolutionary maintenance of the
- Design, document, automate and execute test plans.
- Participate in the process of generating and analyzing
features. At Luxor we believe that meaningful contributions can be
made by anyone. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality
in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a
workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and
initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive
benefits, and more. Luxor is an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity,
national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or
disability status. Luxor welcomes all. Luxor does not accept
unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Luxor will not pay any
third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement
Keywords: Luxor Technology, San Diego , BACKEND ENGINEER, Engineering , Carlsbad, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!