Company: Shimmick Construction
Location: San Diego
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Shimmick is seeking a higly talented Field Engineer to be based
out of Texas, Arizona, Utah, Montana, New Mexico, Nevada, or
California with travel to various project locations. This
challenging position will provide an excellent growth opportunity
while improving the infrastructure of the city.
At Shimmick, we are problem solvers. Creative thinkers. Innovators.
We approach each project with fresh ideas and big thinking in
pursuit of better answers, better outcomes, and better experiences
for our clients. We are resourceful, nimble and resilient. We work
hard together-and with our clients-to deliver high-quality projects
that are on time, on budget and beyond expectations.
Since the mid-1990s, Legacy Foundations, a Shimmick company, has
been providing self-perform geotechnical and foundations services
on heavy civil projects. Legacy offers competitive pricing, a
complete portfolio of deep foundation, slope stabilization, shoring
systems, and ground improvement services. On the $875 million HART
Airport Guideway and Stations project, Legacy successfully
installed 357 feet of 10-foot diameter permanent casing to a bottom
of pile elevation of negative 332 feet making deep foundation
construction history in North America.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited
to the following:
- Under general supervision, performs routine duties.
- Displays knowledge and abilities to evaluate, select and apply
standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria to meet
basic engineering and construction specifications.
- Displays applications of sound professional judgment on details
- Independently performs walk-downs and inspections of installed
commodities to assure conformance with specifications and
- Performs quantity surveys for tracking and reporting.
- May provide technical direction to drafters, technicians, and
- Bachelors Degree in Geotechnical, Civil Engineering,
Construction Management, or related field + 2 years of relevant
experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or
- Heavy Civil Construction experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong problem-solving skills and consistent attention to
- Travel is required for this position
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a
pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States
Notice To Third Party Agencies
Please note that Shimmick does not accept unsolicited resumes from
recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed
Recruitment Fee Agreement, Shimmick will not consider or agree to
payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event
a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a
previously signed agreement, Shimmick explicitly reserves the right
to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial
obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes,
including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the
property of Shimmick.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: Shimmick Construction, San Diego , Field Engineer, Engineering , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!