Sheet Metal Mechanic
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Volt has partnered with a leading manufacturing company in San
Diego to help identify multiple Sheet Metal Mechanics to start
As a Sheet Metal Mechanic you will:
- Perform layout, fabrication, assembly, and mockup of
diversified types of parts, subassemblies, and assemblies of an
working from interpreting experimental work assignments, work
orders, travelers, customer engineering prints, specifications,
drawings, sketches, lofting information, and other oral and written
- Work with or without the benefit of tooling, planning, and
- Perform any operation before or after machining and welding
required to fabricate and assemble all types of parts and
those which involve difficult configurations and critical
coordination of component parts and assemblies. Make layout
necessary to establish
locations of parts, trim lines bosses, hole and flange patterns,
where dimensions and fittings are exacting, requiring the use of
to calculate dimensions. Make layouts on flat and formed sheet
metal parts and trim, form, bend, and roll difficult shapes making
for metal distortion.
- Recommend materials, tooling and set up and utilize the type of
hand, machine forming, and assembly tools and equipment required
accomplish the fabrication task. Alter and adopt standard tooling
to locate and assemble parts and materials or improvise temporary
and production aids.
- Recommend sequence of operations and recommend layout,
fabricate, assemble, repair, rework, and alter all types of
fixtures and fixture
subassemblies, with or without adequate tooling and complete
fabrication information, working from Company specifications,
sketches, and written and oral instructions and . i n accordance
with shop practice.
- Set up and operate all types of resistance welding equipment to
perform any operation within the capacity of the machine. Load jigs
fixtures as necessary to perform work. Check weld in process by
making a sample etch, cutting and polishing sample, as
- Clean tips, rolls and grease roll shaft and bearing as required
- Assist weld engineer in developing procedures by setting up and
operating resistance welding equipment following oral and/or
instructions and making simple tryout specimens for their
- Perform any operation before or after welding required to
fabricate all types of developmental or production brazing fixtures
involving complex contours.
- Trim, bend, form and roll sheet metal parts and bar stock.
Adapt standard tooling to locate and assemble parts and materials
improvise production aids to assist in accomplishing the above
operations. May layout and fabricate sheet metal products for
such as splash guards, coolant pans and tanks, catch tanks,
- Layout, fabricate and assemble special field service tools as
ordered by Solar and/or customers.Requirements:
- 1 year or more of sheet metal related experience
- Experience reading blueprints and drawingsHours are 1st shift
from 6am - 2:30pm and 2:30pm - 11pm.
Pay is $24-25/hr.
As a Volt field employee, you can take full advantage of our Better
U Academy. Enroll in free online accredited courses built to
advance your job skills. Volt's investment in you is real. We want
you to grow in work and life - let us help you reach for more!
Standard benefits offerings available are health, dental, vision,
term life, short term disability, AD&D and EAP.
VOLT WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job ID : 371410
Keywords: Volt, San Diego , Sheet Metal Mechanic, Engineering , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!