Company: PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Posted: 01/06/2023 Employment Type: Direct Placement Category:
Engineers-All Other Job Number: 95874 Job Description The
Cybersecurity Engineer will work closely with engineering and IT
teams to design, implement, assess, and audit security practices
and technical configurations to ensure compliance with our
Foundational Security Principles (FSPs), and contractual controls
such as NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171/172, CMMC, RMF. The position will
provide opportunities to collaborate with employees across business
and functional areas, and engage in working groups and communities
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who can work independently,
prioritize work based on the impact to the business, and manage
multiple efforts simultaneously. The candidate will possess a broad
knowledge of modern technology and security best practices,
outstanding analytical skills, attention to detail, and discipline
to ensure consistency and accuracy. Excellent verbal and written
communication skills are critical to build and maintain
relationships with stakeholders.
- Manage security risk and vulnerability remediation.
- Support internal and external audit activities.
- Lead the resolution of identified information security and data
- Develop and maintain an asset inventory.
- Proactively evaluate proposed changes to avoid negative impacts
to risk and compliance.
- Provide recommendations for best practice architecture and
confirmation options to enable critical business capabilities.
- Assist in the development, maintenance, and automation of
security, risk, and compliance artifacts, including exceptions and
alternative controls implemented to address non-standard use
- Manage the data, technology, and automation platform to drive
key risk and performance reporting and insights.
- Support engineering and IT requests related to security and
compliance impacting changes within the target environments.
- Keep customers and stakeholders informed of the status,
blockers, and completion of changes.
- Stay informed of industry changes, trends, and best practices
related to information security.
- Lead in the testing and design of technology controls.
- Lead the initiative to provide continuous analysis and
monitoring of implemented controls.
- Serve as interpreter and liaison between lab managers and
technology / security product owners to implement required
solutions within the target environments.
- Collaborate with technology and security product owners to
address the constantly evolving landscape of our lab
- Bachelor of Science in an engineering/technology field with 6+
years of enterprise information security experience across client,
infrastructure, application, and data center or cloud
- At least 3 years' experience working with Security and Auditing
tools for Windows, Linux, and infrastructure operating system such
HBSS and ACAS.
- Strong documentation and interpersonal skills.
- Organized self-starter with the ability to effectively meet
- Solid understanding of security best practices, and defense in
depth strategies, encompassing multiple platforms (Linux/Unix,
Windows, Mac, VMware, Azure, AWS).
- Ability to interpret vulnerability scans and work with IT and
engineering teams to implement timely resolutions.
- Familiarity with automation, orchestration, configuration, and
endpoint management and automation technologies.
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to attain US Government Secret
- Possession of an information security industry recognized
certification(s): (CISSP, CRISC, CISA)
- Experience developing or automating operational processes using
a modern language or orchestration platform (Ansible, SCCM/MCME,
Intune/Defender for Endpoint, etc.)
- Ability to interpret and create scripts via Python, PowerShell,
or other scripting languages
- Experience securing applications and services in hybrid cloud
Additional Requirements and Information
Minimum Education: Bachelors Degree
Years of Experience: Other
Citizenship: US Citizenship required
Clearance: Must be able to obtain a United States Secret
Worker Classification: Employee
Salary range: 115K to 135K base
P-OCE-3 Related Jobs:
- Systems Security Engineer - Active Secret Clearance
- DevOps Engineer
San Diego, CA
- Sustaining Engineer
San Diego, CA Login to save this search and get notified of similar
Keywords: PEAK Technical Staffing USA, San Diego , Cybersecurity Engineer, Engineering , Carlsbad, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!